Multiple wish lists

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Multiple wish lists

Postby g51 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:55 pm

IIRC, a long time ago i was searching to see if there was a way to create multiple wish lists (separate lists, each with its own tab). Again IIRC, there was no straight-forward way but there was a workaround i think. Anyone???
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/16/11

Re: Multiple wish lists

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:07 pm

You can create multiple "custom lists" which you then send files to.

1 - Select a bunch if posts
2 - Right click "save to custom list".
3 - Make one or pick one.

Then you can load up the custom list like you'd load up a group.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby g51 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:49 am

Great, thanks.

I also have a few wishes, if possible.

• It would be nice if that menu existed in files in the Wish List too (not as "Save" but "Move files to Custom List") and perhaps also the Download list.
  • I miss a "Group" column in the Wish and Downloading lists, to see from which Group a certain file was added.
  • It would be nice when moving a file up/down in the download or other lists, if the list scrolled in order for it to always be visible (when it gets past the top/bottom of the list).
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:21 am

You can generate NZB's from the wish list and feed them to a custom list by loading the NZB then feeding that to the custom list.

1 - I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

2 - I can look into the group thing.

3 - I'd find it really annoying to want to move a bunch of files to the top and then having to scroll back down to where I was so I could add more. So I'm not sure auto-scroll to the top on move is a good idea.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby g51 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:35 am

Quade wrote:1 - I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

Add this menu in Wish and Download lists too in order to be able to "Move files to Custom List" from those too and not only from newsgroups.

Quade wrote:3 - I'd find it really annoying to want to move a bunch of files to the top and then having to scroll back down to where I was so I could add more. So I'm not sure auto-scroll to the top on move is a good idea.

Not for (move to top/bottom buttons, i meant it only for move up/down one at a time.
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newbie Forum