Forum keeps logging me out

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Forum keeps logging me out

Postby RangerXus » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Long time user of Newsbin and this forum.
Trying to do some searches on deleting posts.
After a few searches I get message "not allowed to search" and see that I've been logged out.
I enter my userid/password hit enter and it then says I exceeded maximum attempts. Need to do capcha.
I then again enter my userid/password and answer the question and get back in.
Do a few searches and again get message "not allowed to search" and see that I've been logged out again.
Rinse and repeat...

What's going on with this?

Edit: Also having the same problem posting in the forum. Get logged out and have to log back in and then can post.

(I'll open a post in V6 Technical group with my questions since it is too painful to use the forum and find answers from older posts in forum).
RangerXus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/07/09

Re: Forum keeps logging me out

Postby Stan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:37 pm

When you log in, there is a box that says 'Log me on automatically each visit'

Make sure to check that when logging in I have not had to log in again unless for some reason something cleared cookies.
Stan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/10/17

Re: Forum keeps logging me out

Postby RangerXus » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:34 pm

I was not closing the browser. It was not an issue of cookies. It was logging me off after a couple searches or when trying to post. Logging in again let me continue until it logged me off again.

Problem appears to be related to my ad blockers. I turned them off and I have had no problem today.
RangerXus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/07/09

Return to Newbie Forum