Triple download.

General NewsBin and Usenet related discussions. Make recommendations for additional specific discussion groups.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Triple download.

Postby ces1948news » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:39 am

Version 6.81.
I d/l a mkv file which was around 700 mb. The title was obfuscated. I noticed it seemed to be taking a long time. I used an nzb from another source to launch the d/l
I have 4 servers set up.
When I looked at the results of the d/l I found 1 failed file, 1 completed file with the correct filename and 2 completed files with the obfuscated name (1 with 001 appended.
What could have caused this?
ces1948news
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/17/13

Re: Triple download.

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:05 pm

It's hard to know. In your shoes I'd:

1 - Run the latest beta

2 - Feed all NZB's directly to the download list. Either through auto-load or by setting the option in the NZB options to funnel all NZB's directly to the download list.

Typically obscured files these days don't group anymore so, feeding to the download list force-groups them. Grouped downloads are the most reliable downloads.

The latest beta has the best support for newly obscured NZB's. It's really ready for release. I just need to do it. Maybe this week.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby ces1948news » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks. I'll try that.

Quade wrote:It's hard to know. In your shoes I'd:

1 - Run the latest beta

2 - Feed all NZB's directly to the download list. Either through auto-load or by setting the option in the NZB options to funnel all NZB's directly to the download list.

Typically obscured files these days don't group anymore so, feeding to the download list force-groups them. Grouped downloads are the most reliable downloads.

The latest beta has the best support for newly obscured NZB's. It's really ready for release. I just need to do it. Maybe this week.
ces1948news
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby ces1948news » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Installed the beta and re d/l the same file as before. Got a single copy of the correctly named file. Looks like the correct settings are already in the nzb options page. Please advise if I need to change anything there.
Thanks.
ces1948news
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:08 pm

As long as the NZB's go to the download list and don't open up a new window to display them, you're good.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to General Discussion