Add Password Doesn't work in 6.90RC5 And all previous RC too

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Add Password Doesn't work in 6.90RC5 And all previous RC too

Postby AnthonyG » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 am

Can you please fix this, it just doesn't work. I keep thinking you will fix it at the next Release Candidate release and a new one comes and it still doesn't work.

If I select "Add Password" the box comes up but when I put the password in and select "add new". Nothing happens. It remains blank. The list does not add it. It just does not work at all.

Its definitely not an issue my end as I wiped my PC clean to upgrade to Windows 11 and installed Newsbin RC and the problem remained.

Thanks
AnthonyG
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/01/12

Re: Add Password Doesn't work in 6.90RC5 And all previous RC

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:19 pm

You add the password from the main menu. Options/Password Manager. The change is because you can assign passwords to specific downloads now.

So when you click the download and try add a password, you're actually assigning a specific password to the download, not adding to the password list like it used to do. Thus there's no point to saving it in the password list.

The password list still works but because most downloads use unique passwords now and because performance is impacted by having a large password list, the best way is to assign the password to the specific download.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support