reporting a gap in search results

Tips on writing regular expressions for searching the post list

Moderators: Quade, dexter

reporting a gap in search results

Postby RayMark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:31 pm

It seems that Newsbin does not return any results for the internet searches from 2012-11-27 (or possibly even from 2012-11-21) to 2012-12-04.
The posts really do exist and I have them in my local headers and can download them.
I assume that everything is missing for that time period, but I might be wrong. Maybe everything in certain groups only?
I tried with one particular post and then, after loading my local headers for that time period, I tried with some others also present in my local headers - not found as well.

Are there more known gaps in the db and can they be filled in?

I was not sure where to post this, not a regular expression issue and not a Newsbin 6 beta issue either
RayMark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/21/07

Re: reporting a gap in search results

Postby dexter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:09 pm

I just did a manual query to count all items in the database between November 27, 2012 and December 4, 2012. There are over 921,000 files there. It is possible that there was a hiccup in headers for a specific group or a small number of groups in that time period. If you can give me some examples or narrow it down to a group in question, I can look into backfilling. In general, there are no known gaps in our database.

Best not to post here, you can PM me or use out Contact Page.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Regular Expressions