How does Resume Download Work?

Help each other out if there is not a specific forum here for your news service. Discussion of news servers known to have problems, troubleshooting news server problems, other news service related issues.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How does Resume Download Work?

Postby eclapwannabe » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 am

I just tried it and nothing seem to happen.

I have a 6+ year HP laptop. The USB ports are getting really wonky. I was downloading a multiline files and my external HD disconnected.

I soon realized this when I went to look at the files downloaded. Only about half the files were downloaded. I reconnected the HD and clicked on the Resume Download option. How long should it take Newsbin Pro 64 to realize that the HD is reconnected? A few seconds or minutes. I guess I was impatient because I only waited for about 20-30 seconds and nothing was happening. I just removed files from list and started over by selecting the files that had not been downloaded.

Thanks in Advance
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: How does Resume Download Work?

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:21 am

There's a "Resume Download" button? Why don't I know?

Joking aside, if your hardware is broken, you can't reasonably expect Newsbin to handle that can you? If your hard disk disconnects, you might need to restart Newsbin to make it kick off again.

There's no software solution to bad hardware.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to News Servers