How to "View All Posts" by default (?)

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How to "View All Posts" by default (?)

Postby MrMonoxide » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

Whenever I open a group, the group content window is always completely empty. I discovered that I had to select "Show All Files" in order to view them.

As an ultra noob, I can't figure out how to setup Newsbin so that it shows all files in all selected groups by default, rather than having to click on the option every single time. (I have not set any filters)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
MrMonoxide
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to "View All Posts" by default (?)

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 am

The "Display Age" setting controls how far back in time it goes. The fact the default doesn't show anything suggests the group had died and nobody is posting to it.

So, increasing the display age will work like "view all".
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby MrMonoxide » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 am

Thanks for the reply Quade.

I don't know which settings you are referring to. The ones I've played around with don't seem to change anything and revert back to default settings afterward. Every time I re-open a group, the settings revert to Display Age. The groups I am referring to are not dead, but my issue is that I would like to be able to select "Show All Files" from the drop down menu and have that selection become the default setting whenever I restart Newsbin, rather than auto-reverting back to Display Age and showing a blank screen, or am I missing something?

I'm also wondering what Show Posts is meant to do, as it normally doesn't display any posts either (?)

It's all very mysterious.
MrMonoxide
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 am

In the options window, in the first set of options you see, you can set "Display Age". You can set it to be "per group" or "per topic" too in the right click/properties for the group or topic.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby MrMonoxide » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 am

Thanks Quade. Your last post helped me figure out what was going on and how to resolve the issue.
MrMonoxide
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum