6.81 deleting nzbs! big badda boom?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

6.81 deleting nzbs! big badda boom?

Postby StrangeLove » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Wth, is going on with 6.81? I've lost all my nzbs, moved them into the nzb folder, then opened newsbin pro and boom disappeared. Help, lost all my important nzbs!

Thanks
StrangeLove
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/08/13

Re: 6.81 deleting nzbs! big badda boom?

Postby Quade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:00 am

1 - You're not storing them in the data folder are you? Don't store any of your own files in the data folder.

2 - If they were pulled from an "NZB Autoload" folder, they probably got moved to the data folder. You can pull them back out of the data folder if they're still there.

The autoload folders move processed NZB's into the data folder to ensure they can be loaded. If you want to maintain copies of them, your best best is to maintain copies in your own folder. Then copy them to the autoload folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby StrangeLove » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure. Got a new main drive and redid all my installs. Installed Newsbin Pro to E: and afaik installed my data to the same place. But now I'm not so sure, guess I better double check.
StrangeLove
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/08/13

Postby Quade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:12 pm

So this has nothing to do with NZB's then. What you're saying is you did a reinstall and all of a sudden all the files are missing from the download/wish lists?

In the options you can "open data folder" and look at the DB3 sizes, then compare to your backup. This is the folder Newsbin is as the data folder. So you could try exiting Newsbin, then re-copying the DB files into this folder instead of whatever folder you copies them too.

I suspect Newsbin is using the default data folder and not the data folder on some other driver/folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum