Filename question

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Filename question

Postby gregkel22 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:04 am

Hello, I've searched, cant find answer even though I'm sure its been discussed before. Sorry.

Here is my question. For some reason, my filenames are getting suddenly messed up. For years, I download a movie, and it shows up on drive properly as "movie" (whatever movie or show title is). Now, it is being downloaded as "11c1ada261c24086885369675dfc9281.part45" etc...

I don't understand what I mangled. It looks like there is a movie name attached to the true encoded filename, and it is saving the encoded name in the directory. Don't want this, it's creating chaos on my drives. I do have a follow up question to this, but I'll start here first. Thanks all in advance.
gregkel22
n00b
n00b

Re: Filename question

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 am

It's not you. Usenet has changed. You pretty much can't download anymore unless you keep Autopar turned on so, that Newsbin can rename the files using the PAR files. Whether you let Newsbin unrar the files is kinda up to you.

The current beta will rename the output of the unrar, if it's obscured, based on the NZB Filename or the <filename> field if you're using search. You lose this feature if you don't allow Newsbin to do the unrar.

The only version I'd run today is 6.81B4 because of all the changes.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum