Option to put NZB at Top of List

Make suggestions for new features.

Moderator: Quade

Option to put NZB at Top of List

Postby Voyager62 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 am

There's an option to put NZB's loaded from watched folder to be put at the top of the list, but nothing to put a NZB clicked on from File Explorer at the top of the list.

This would be handy since I don't clear my download list during each session, so if I double-click on a NZB to open Newsbin, I'd like it at the top of the list because it's a priority. Right now I have to wait until Newsbin loads and refreshes the list before scrolling to the bottom to move the files to the top.
Voyager62
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/29/04

Re: Option to put NZB at Top of List

Postby dexter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Yeah, that option doesn't exist. A workaround would be to turn off the "Download Double-Clicked NZB" from under Options -> Settings -> NZB Options so they will load into a Post List instead of getting sent directly to the Download List. Then you can queue the post to the top from there by selecting and hitting ctrl-shift-e

Will let Quade chime in about the feasibility of an option like that.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quade » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

Keep in mind, if you do what Dex suggested, many uncompactable NZB's will show up as many lines of obscured files.

I don't recommend this mechanism. I'd add all the NZB's then simply promote them from the bottom of the download list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Voyager62 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 am

Quade wrote:I'd add all the NZB's then simply promote them from the bottom of the download list.

This is what I do now. Just thought it would be similar to the NZB's from the watched directories being put at the top of the list. I'll just keep scrolling to the bottom and moving them to the top then.
Voyager62
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Why don't you just feed the NZB's to the NZB Watch folder?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Voyager62 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 am

Quade wrote:Why don't you just feed the NZB's to the NZB Watch folder?

I usually do, but there are times that I open one directly from Chrome that I want to start right away. I could navigate to my download folder and place all of them in my watched folder under the download folder, but then I still have to find the one I want at the top. I usually download many NZB's at a single time. That's why I asked about not processing 10 MB and larger NZB ZIP files.

I don't watch the download folder, I have a folder under it, so I don't have the problem with Newsbin going through all my ZIP files in the download folder. I noticed it doing that a long time ago, along with a lot of errors when it couldn't read them.
Voyager62
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Feature Requests