Sonarr thinks downloads fail when they actually complete

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Sonarr thinks downloads fail when they actually complete

Postby tacomaguy20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

Lately Sonarr has been saying Newsbin is having failed downloads when the downloads actually complete. I end up getting about 10 episodes of the same show before it acknowledges the file is acceptable.

Sonarr debug log shows me a message such as

18-1-10 20:52:57.5|Debug|TrackedDownloadService|Tracking 'Newsbin pro:<Some Shot>-SVA': ClientState=Failed SonarrStage=Downloading Episode='<Some Shit>' OutputPath=G:\Tvshows\<moe shit>.nzb\.

Newbin Debug shows me this which is maybe why it thinks the file failed?

[01/10 20:52:14] HIGH HFC: Rejected Post-unRAR Filter: Filename Filter <some MKV File.mkv

I don't know what High HFC means or why it would say rejected post. If I disable my filters will it fix the issue?
tacomaguy20
Active Participant
Active Participant

Re: Sonarr thinks downloads fail when they actually complete

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am

It's failing alright. Because you told Newsbin to delete the MKV files. I'd fix that. Somehow you told the post unrar filter to delete the MKV files. Deleting all the filter ought to fix it. You could figure out what "post unrar" filter you have set in the options and simply fix/delete that too.

Sanitize your logs before posting them here. I doubt you want people to know what you're downloading.
Last edited by Quade on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby tacomaguy20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 am

I set up some filters but never filtered out the MKV files. They always download so not sure why it would say rejected right there. I was thinking I should have sanitized the logs right after I posted. Anyways, I've removed the filters and I'm still getting the files to download but sonarr doesn't acknowledge them. Now Sonarr tells me this

"18-1-10 21:48:27.9|Debug|RedownloadFailedDownloadService|Failed download only contains one episode, searching again"

Is this because the exact file was previously rejected and it's looking for a different source of the same episode? Like a different release group?
tacomaguy20
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 am

Sure they're downloading and even landing. Then the "Post Unrar" filter is deleting them.

It's set in the autopar options.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby tacomaguy20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 am

I don't think you get what I mean. The shows are downloading successfully for me. I can see them on my hard disk and watch them right now. Sonarr on the other hand thinks they failed and then repeats going to download them over and over again. I have 10 files of the same show on my disk that I can watch right now. I looked at Newsbin's logs and noticed the filter saying "Rejected Post" and I thought that maybe the filter (through Newsbin) was incorrectly reporting to Sonarr that the files had failed, which, in turn, triggered repeated redownloads. But just to be clear, the filter did not delete any of the files on my hard disk. My problem is too many files are downloading and saving on my hard disk that are the same exact file. But after you said the filters might have been causing an issue, I deleted the filter I was using and made sure to turn off all filters. I unchecked the post unrar box in the autopar options. After turning all the filters off, Sonarr's log was

"ClientState=Failed SonarrStage=Downloading Episode='Some show HDTV' OutputPath=G:\Tvshows\Some show HDTV.nzb\.
18-1-10 21:24:57.8|Debug|RedownloadFailedDownloadService|Failed download only contains one episode,"

Now I was assuming that because the same file had downloaded so many times over and over and there was not another source/group to download from, I thought that Sonarr blacklisted the file and that was what the error message "failed download only contains one episode" meant. However I tried other shows that I had not downloaded before and got that same message so I don't know what that means. It just seems that Newsbin, even with the filters turned off, is reporting to Sonarr that files are failing when they are not. I should have been more clear on my earlier messages. Also, this was one of the beta's that I downloaded a while ago so maybe that's a bug still in it. I have reverted back to the non-beta version and I'm hoping this corrects the issue.
tacomaguy20
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 am

How about PMing me the name of your NZB source. I was talking to a heavy Sonarr user on IRC who doesn't have any issues.

I looked at Newsbin's logs and noticed the filter saying "Rejected Post" and I thought that maybe the filter (through Newsbin) was incorrectly reporting to Sonarr that the files had failed,

I thought this theory is valid. Which is why I was focusing on it. You shouldn't be seeing that message. So the next step is to disable any post unrar filters and see if it goes away. So, I was hoping you'd report to me about whether you're using a post unrar filter and what happens when you delete it.

I've noticed one area where Sonarr and Newsbin might have issues. It's long path support. Sonarr can't pick up files that have really long paths. So checking that is important. Making sure the unrar path for Sonarr downloads includes the NZB FIlename is another factor (looking on disk). That should be automatic. Any unrar path you set in the Sonarr options needs to unadorned. Newsbin will automatically add the NZB Filename to it.

You have to make sure the Unrar path isn't inside the Sonarr final destination path too.

Z:\Sonarr Destination\

Z:\Newsbin UnRAR\

If the files don't go to the failed list, Newsbin won't report them as failed so, assuming they're not in the failed list, this suggests Sonarr isn't picking up and moving the files for some reason.

[01/11 09:34:29] DEBUG First Filename:X:\Down-Load\f6dccb41834d6277344359f234dea96c38078e00.rar
[01/11 09:34:29] DEBUG UnRAR Temp: X:\TV Downloads\ UnRAR Filename: X:\Down-Load\f6dccb41834d6277344359f234dea96c38078e00.rar
[01/11 09:34:32] HIGH HFC: Rejected Post-unRAR Filter: Filename Filter f6dccb41834d6277344359f234dea96c38078e00.sfv
[01/11 09:34:32] HIGH HFC: Rejected Post-unRAR Filter: Filename Filter f6dccb41834d6277344359f234dea96c38078e00.sfv

This is my post unrar filter hitting. It's not deleting any MKV files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby tacomaguy20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 pm

So I reverted back to the most stable version yesterday, the one on the homepage and I have yet to have a problem. I made a new post unrar filter and it is working, filtering out only the files I want, not showing extras like before. Files are showing as completed in Sonarr as well as in Newsbin. I think it must have been that beta (or I just haven't had the same issue yet). Either way, everything appears to be working for now.

So to recap (maybe it will help someone else), with Newsbin beta (not sure of the version, but it was newer), I was getting files to complete in Newsbin but show as Failed in Sonarr and then Sonarr would trigger the files to redownload over and over. The files completed nearly every time in Newsbin but wouldn't register in Sonarr until about the 10th download of the same file.

It started with the erroneous filter message below and keep in mind that my post unrar filter never had a reject for MKV. Only for .srr, .nfo. sfv, etc.

"HIGH HFC: Rejected Post-unRAR Filter: Filename Filter <some MKV File.mkv"

I say this message was erroneous because it says it was deleting my mkv file from the hard disk but in actuality it was not. I think Sonarr may have thought this message indicated a failed file because this is the message it showed me in the Debug log

"ClientState=Failed SonarrStage=Downloading Episode='<Some Shit>' OutputPath=G:\Tvshows\<moe shit>.nzb\"

After deleting the post unrar filter I was no longer getting the Rejected post unrar filter message in Newsbin but I started getting this new additional message in the Sonarr debug log

ClientState=Failed SonarrStage=Downloading Episode='Some show HDTV' OutputPath=G:\Tvshows\Some show HDTV.nzb\.
18-1-10 21:24:57.8|Debug|RedownloadFailedDownloadService|Failed download only contains one episode,"

I thought that this may have happened because the files had been downloaded so many times that they were either duplicates or they were blacklisted in Sonarr but I got that message with multiple mkv files, even new files that I had not previously downloaded. Once I reverted to the 6.73 build 4821, everything worked correctly in both Newsbin and Sonarr, I even tried downloading the files that had previously given me errors and no problems anymore. I'll keep you posted if this happens again and it's not really fixed. Maybe this will come up for you again and this message will help.
tacomaguy20
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby enchant » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

I also reported this same thing happening in another post, and I know of another person who had the same problem as well.
enchant
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/14/10

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

I basically have 2 groups of people, one group has no issues and the other group this. Sadly I'm not sure sure what's different between the two group.

I am trying to figure out why of course.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support