The post download filter after NZB's leaves PAR2 files

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

The post download filter after NZB's leaves PAR2 files

Postby UPdown » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 am

I still find myself engaging in more and more learning regarding my newfound dependence on NZB files. While I await the auto-renaming of obfuscated files feature to be implemented (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE), my newest bete noir is the leftover .PAR2 files. Again, this is not a killer. I use a file manager that lets me collapse all folders and look for .PAR2 files and delete them. It's 30 seconds worth of work. But it's noisome.

My _DeepSixSpamFileAndSuchExciser filter (I've got to learn how to write smaller names to these things, maybe CrapBeGone! or somesuch thing) SEEMS to accommodate excising PAR2 files. It has a RejectIf section for Filename Contains that includes:
\.par2$

Is that not sufficient? I had a Subject Contains duplicate, but that doesn't seem to be the fix, so I disabled it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
UPdown
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/27/12

Re: The post download filter after NZB's leaves PAR2 files

Postby Quade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:09 pm

PARS get deleted out of band of the PostUnrar Filter so they don't pass through the unrar filters. Meaning you can't filter them that way.

Likely the problem is that you're using NZB's that don't compact properly so, there's just a mass of files in the download list and after the unrar happens, some of the other PARS for the same set download. They don't get deleted because the unrar and cleanup has already run. One way I've been working on addressing that is compacting more file types. Even more obscured file types.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: The post download filter after NZB's leaves PAR2 files

Postby UPdown » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

I have to apologize. I RE-ASKED this question in reporting my successes with the de-obfuscator routines you have implemented with NZB's. Not sure I understand this answer as it pertains to ME creating a solution. I THINK it means you have to address it and I assume it's not REALLY high on your bucket list as we're now two betas later. It's less than an annoyance, more of a nit. So get to it when you can get to it. I appreciate the work.

Sorry about the double-posting. The failings of an old man and his memory being out to sea.
UPdown
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/27/12

Return to V6 Technical Support