Downloaded files does not disappear from Download list

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Downloaded files does not disappear from Download list

Postby HomersDK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello

For a while now, when I'm adding a nzb file it divides the xxxxxxxxxxx.nzb in more than one download lines.
After a successful download and unrar, the files keeps staying in download list.
Under the status the N keeps counting down and the Retries goes up, this even if the file downloaded has been unpacked.
Also happens that when a file is unpacked successfully and there's no needs for PAR files, they keep staying on the download list and in more than one line.
The RAR files gets deleted, but not the PAR files.

I think (but I'm not sure) that it wasn't like that for some time ago.
Did I missed some settings? Because I have marked the "Delete RARs and PARS on successfull UnRAR" under options.

Hope You understand my problem.

Thanks in advance.
HomersDK
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/18/17

Re: Downloaded files does not disappear from Download list

Postby Moley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

I've been having this same issue since Beta 5 or so, certain files from set remain in the download list in newsbin, and then unrelated maybe, sonarr is not removing the remaining par files from the completed download folder after it successfully moves the media file.

have not installed B9 yet, will in a few and report back, hope it fixes this annoyance. 40% of my downloads every night remain in my download list, fully downloaded, processed and moved, yet the files remain in list.
Moley
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 am

B9 saves the Sonarr supplied NZB files to the NZB folder in the data folder. If you can email me a couple of the problem NZB's I can check it out.

I'm not seeing this issue but I believe it's related to the actual NZB's and the lack of file grouping. If I had to guess, I'd guess it repairs and unrars early leaving straggler files in the download list for sets that have already completed.

I can say the next beta will be much more aggressive about removing files from the download list. That might look better but I'd guess the stragglers will still end up on disk undeleted. I have an idea to solve this, where the repair kicks in early and leaves stragglers but I haven't implemented it yet. It involves using the "Finished" list to delete the stragglers. The problem is what happens if someone really wants to re-download these files?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby HomersDK » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Quade wrote:I'm not seeing this issue but I believe it's related to the actual NZB's and the lack of file grouping. If I had to guess, I'd guess it repairs and unrars early leaving straggler files in the download list for sets that have already completed.

You were right about the problem, it was related to the NZB files.
HomersDK
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/18/17

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:54 pm

B11 compacts all files together that come over the Sonarr interface to try to address this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support