5.35 8142 Internet Search issue

While it isn't officially supported, we have many users who successfully run NewsBin under Linux with a Windows emulator (Wine is the most popular). This forum exists for you Linux guys to share your experience getting NewsBin running on Linux as well as report any strangeness that we may or may not be able to fix. DThor is the resident expert.

Moderators: Quade, dexter, newsraider, DThor

5.35 8142 Internet Search issue

Postby unifragger » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:25 am

Hi,
I'm running Newsbin under wine (9.38)...
When I get the dialogue that says that I have surpassed the number of free searches, I cannot follow the "Newsbin Control Panel" link that is available. It doesn't activate. I know this is a problem with wine, but I cannot copy the link location or anything.
Could someone point me to the page that would allow me to sign up for the internet searching subscription?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just went to newsbin.com/motd and see that a link has been posted there.
unifragger
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/18/05

Postby dexter » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:49 am

NewsBin pops up an IE window for those messages. Under wine, maybe you have some clone of IE that isn't working quite right.

Sounds like you figured it out though. NewsBin Control Panel link is here for anyone else reading this thread.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Linux