Question about graphics not in the Newsbin search

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Question about graphics not in the Newsbin search

Postby theBooda » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:28 pm

Hello,

I have been away for a while but, Newsbin works better than it ever did!

Why don't any of the graphics files show up in the search? When I use an .nzb the entire download is achieved, but if I just search the files, unless there is an .nzb, I don't see the .jpgs or .pngs or what ever other files accompany the main files. Hence I cannot download them.

I have no filters set and have tried to download the headers from the group but can't get them to show up. I know they are there because they show up if the .nzb is used. It has got to be something I am doing wrong.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Craig
theBooda
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/04/03

Re: Question about graphics not in the Newsbin search

Postby Quade » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Search has never cataloged image files. I'll talk to Dex and see if it's something we want to add. At one point we thought it would cause performance problems but these days I don't think that's much of an issue.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Question about graphics not in the Newsbin search

Postby theBooda » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 am

Thank you! I've noticed some people still have never caught on to great posting practices.
Nothing more frustrating than someone .nzb files available for all but one or two of a set. Or an .nfo or .sfv letting you know how many graphics files you are not able to grab.

Thanks for your time at any rate!
Craig
theBooda
theBooda
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/04/03

Return to Newbie Forum