Too many incompleat posts

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Too many incompleat posts

Postby GusForsman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I've been using Newsbin for a while and finaly registered. My normal way of using newsgroups is to brouse through the new headers a few times a week. I'm mostly into Anime and that group changes pretty often. A while before I registered, I started getting a lot of incompleat posts. I thought it might be a side effect of the unregistered version and because I've been meaning to register for a while, I did. The problem has not been solved, so I figured I would ask about it. I've been getting arround the problem by using an NZB site to get the NZB into Newsbin, but it's a pain. I only have 1 news server and, seeing as the NZBs worked, the parts are there. They just aren't comleating/showing up in the newsreader. I'm using Newsbin 6.73 build 4821.
Gus
GusForsman
n00b
n00b

Re: Too many incompleat posts

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:08 am

There's no functional difference between registered and not so, registering won't change the completion state of the news groups.

I'm checking about 6 anime groups and not seeing a single incomplete post on usenetserver for recent postings (past 30 days). 6.73 is pretty old. I'd suggest using the current beta which was just posted to the forum.

You might try setting the "download age" to 30 in the options. Then right click the anime groups and select "Post Storage/Use Download Age". Then download headers normally. That should make it re-download headers for the past 30 days worth of posts.

If you look down at the "cache" line do you see a number in parens "(XXX)". If the number is more than say 5-10 and doesn't decrease, this indicates the headers aren't importing. Let me know if this is the case.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Too many incompleat posts

Postby GusForsman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 am

Thank you, Quade.
It seems to be a LOT better!
Gus
GusForsman
n00b
n00b