Move Newsbin

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Move Newsbin

Postby Bilbo2010 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am

I want to move Newsbin to a different PC, migrating over. What is the best way to do this? To further upset the apple-cart I will be moving it to a different drive letter as well. So previously installed on C: now it will be on D: as will associated directories etc. What would be the easiest way to do this all things considered. I thought possibly a fresh-install with being a different drive letter and then just copy RARPasswords over from the previous data directory??? I have all the server info stuff.

Any advice much appreciated.
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Move Newsbin

Postby dexter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 am

You are close. You'd do a new install on the new machine then copy the Newsbin Data Folder (including the newsbin.nbi configuration file) over to the new machine. Then you need to edit newsbin.nbi with a text editor and update the drive paths to reflect your new machine configuration. It's documented here: http://help.newsbin.com/index.php/V660- ... r_computer
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Move Newsbin

Postby Bilbo2010 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks Image link not allowed for unregistered users
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum