Internet Search - Limited to Unlimited?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Internet Search - Limited to Unlimited?

Postby leitourgia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 am

In spite of being on the interwebs since 1990, I'm a newbie to usenet so I assume this is where I ask my question...

If I subscribe for 6 months of the the Standard 500/month Internet Search Service and then find that I am using it more than I anticipated and need to upgrade to the Unlmited, is there a way of getting a partial credit of the fee that I've already paid? Or am I just out the $15.00?

Alternatively, does purchasing the Standard subscription limit me to the advertised 500 per month or am I purchasing a plan that lasts for 6 months with 3000 searches (6 months x 500), that expires whichever limit comes first.

I hope that this question isn't already answered somewhere and I haven't just missed it. If so, please accept my apologies for my ignorance.

Thanks!
leitourgia
n00b
n00b

Re: Internet Search - Limited to Unlimited?

Postby Quade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 am

Use the support form on the main web page to contact Dex. He handles these questions. I believe you can get to it from the help menu in Newsbin too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dexter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:57 am

If you find that you need to switch from Standard to Unlimited, just let me know. I will convert the existing subscription and adjust the end date to account for the price difference. You will be out no money.

The Standard subscription allows you to queue Search results for download during the first 500 searches per month. All counts reset at the first of each month regardless of when your subscription started. Only searches that actually return results are counted against your limit. After your limit is reached, you can keep searching but you cannot queue the results for download until the search counts reset at the beginning of the month. Hope that clears things up for you.

For any subscription issues, you can contact me directly through our Support Form.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby leitourgia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:39 am

This is very helpful. And a reasonable way to handle the change from one type of subscription to another, should I find that I consistently use more than the allotted amount of searches each month.

Thanks for your help and for the work you do in behalf of your Newsbin community.

dexter wrote:If you find that you need to switch from Standard to Unlimited, just let me know. I will convert the existing subscription and adjust the end date to account for the price difference. You will be out no money.

The Standard subscription allows you to queue Search results for download during the first 500 searches per month. All counts reset at the first of each month regardless of when your subscription started. Only searches that actually return results are counted against your limit. After your limit is reached, you can keep searching but you cannot queue the results for download until the search counts reset at the beginning of the month. Hope that clears things up for you.

For any subscription issues, you can contact me directly through our Links not allowed for unregistered users.
leitourgia
n00b
n00b

Return to Newbie Forum