Obfuscated and file names ...

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Obfuscated and file names ...

Postby Bilbo2010 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:16 am

I don't know much, thanks to Newsbin Pro I just download and stuff works Image link not allowed for unregistered users . But these days everything seems to be encoded/renamed etc, the filenames. Which is fine. I still get the stuff I want, but then have to manually rename the individual files. Is there a way in Newsbin, or some other tool, to rename the file with the relevant extension the same as the directory name? The way I download at the moment is for example C:\Newsbin\Download\$(NZBFILE)\ - automatic rename if exists etc. Anything I can do or am I stuck manually renaming the content files?

Any help much appreciated.
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Obfuscated and file names ...

Postby SlipoftheKnife » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm having the same issue. The PAR never seem to have enough blocks either to repair...
SlipoftheKnife
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/13/05

Postby Quade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 pm

With NZB files rename will be possible in the next beta. Because the NZB files contains the name typically. Other than that I'm not sure yet we're investigating.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Bilbo2010 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:24 pm

OK thanks
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum