GigaBlast 1000mbps

General NewsBin and Usenet related discussions. Make recommendations for additional specific discussion groups.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

GigaBlast 1000mbps

Postby nciter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi Quade / Dexter Hope all is well $

Quick question If I may Happy new year! 2019 BTW

Is Newsbin hard tested on the 1000mbps speed? Is seems to be working but getting different pipe speeds sometimes. I'm thinking as my connection is new I mite be in throttling mode still on the provision side. I thought it might be a good question to put to the the both of you? Cox Cable Speed tests are in the 900 to 800 but NB is floating around 500 as low as 455, Do I need to make changes to my settings to adjust to the upgrade? NEWSHOSTING.COM

Thank you both you're rock stars! Image link not allowed for unregistered users
Tim
nciter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: GigaBlast 1000mbps

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 am

At that speed everything has to be exactly right.

You'll need 10 Gbps Ethernet to the router too. If you're just using 1 Gbps ethernet then it'll limit you to an effective 800-900 Mbps. What security software are you using?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: GigaBlast 1000mbps

Postby nciter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Quade wrote:At that speed everything has to be exactly right.

You'll need 10 Gbps Ethernet to the router too. If you're just using 1 Gbps ethernet then it'll limit you to an effective 800-900 Mbps. What security software are you using?

So Far all the equipment is performing great I'm up on that side, I know I will never get a 1 Gbps So really settings wise nothing I should do or need to? I will say when I take a I gig file down it's done in a blink and the built in PAR is faster as well. In the States COX Cable is running out the GIGIBLAST option to everyone.... I lucked out and ...I'll never see Fiber.. But newsbin is working I think it's no getting enough time to show the real pipe speed. Image link not allowed for unregistered users thats ok I guess. Thanks
nciter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to General Discussion