Downloading NZBs

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Downloading NZBs

Postby dane » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:18 am

Good Morning - in light of the MOTD, I figured I'd give 6.90b12 another chance after every iteration of a video I was trying to download failed. What I noticed, however, was that files which were queued to Newsbin with NZBs did not download to the folder specified in the 'download folder for downloads from NZB files' that was specified in the settings file. They seemed to download as if they were sent to 'folder\$(GOG)\ which is specified as my main download folder.

I went back to 6.82 and downloaded the same NZBs and they were sent to the proper folder for NZBs rather than the default folder. Still hoping that you'll return the line-by-line status to downloads as done in 6.82.

Best,
DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/25/05

Re: Downloading NZBs

Postby Quade » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 am

How are you feeding the NZB's?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dane » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Sorry - thought I responded yesterday - must have hit the wrong button when I was through.

I use Sonarr to download some things I'm interested in. In a handoff from Sonarr to NB 6.82, the file downloaded to the folder specified for nzb downloads in the setting screen. In my install of NB 6.90, the handoffs from Sonarr are downloaded to the general download folder instead.

However, if I go to the Newsbin\nzb folder and click on that same nzb file, it downloads to the proper folder specified for nzb downloads. There seems to be something happening to the handoffs from Sonarr in my installation.

DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:27 pm

For sonarr, it doesn't matter where they download, what matters is where they unrar. Are they unraring to folders named for the NZB? That's the default for sonarr derived downloads.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby dane » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Yes, the decoded file ends up in the correct place for sonarr, but each file that downloads creates its own download folder named after its usenet group. The contents are deleted when the file decodes and the file is placed in the proper sonarr folder, but the litter of empty folders remains. In 6.82 this process was more orderly - files were downloaded to the nzb folder and then unrared to the folder that sonarr required. Afterwards, the nzb folder would be emptied and ready for the next download.

DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Let me check something. I'm wondering if Sonar is setting the main download path or the "NZB Specific" download path. It should be the later but maybe it isn't.

Then you could set an NZB Download path that doesn't include any folders or anything. Downloads to a flat folder. Then the unrar path could be set to use the NZBFile in the path for unrar.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby dane » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:11 am

Yes - then the file can be unrarred and placed in the folder from which Sonarr expects to upload it. That'd be perfect.

I'm still hoping for the return of the "downloading" or "paused" indication on each line of the downloading file...or some other indication which is more visible than the small icon in the left margin.

thanks,
DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Yes - then the file can be unrarred and placed in the folder from which Sonarr expects to upload it. That'd be perfect.

Newsbin tells Sonarr where the files are so, there's no requirement for pathing as long as you're not unraring into the sonarr controlled folders and as long as sonarr can get at the unrared files.

I've already added some text in the status column. You can't micromanage the new format NZB's because typically there isn't a recognizable filename.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby dane » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Quade - thanks for whatever status text you can provide - and I'm sure the sonarr interface will work smoothly.

Thanks
DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support