Version 6.82 Release Candidate 1 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.82 Release Candidate 1 Available...

Postby dexter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Getting ready for final release of 6.82. Long beta process this time but it seems pretty stable. Let us know if you find any show stoppers.

Summary:

• Now disconnects whenever any error 400 or above that Newsbin can't specifically ID is received. Was getting hung up on a new "400 session time limit" error that started showing up.
  • Changes to handle file renaming for music download mode. Same logic also handles obfuscated mastersplitter posts with associated par files.
  • Fixed issue where long German words was triggering the obfuscated file detector.
  • Fixed issue when you delete from the download list or files list, the next remaining item was not getting focus.
  • Fixed repaint issue in the Files List whenever there is a delete or add.

Download link is on the Beta Page.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.82 Release Candidate 1 Available...

Postby JayPea » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:02 am

Noticed some weird flashing when block selecting files to download in the header window that I've not seen before in any other version. Files still hit the download queue so this is more of a cosmetic thing. Cheers.
JayPea
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/06

Postby mimauk » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:37 am

Newest beta -

I also get some random "highlighting" of files when downloading new headers. I thought it was my mouse playing up but if other people are getting it as well??
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/06

Postby Quade » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Is this happening in the post list or one of the other lists?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby mimauk » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:31 pm

I'm running Win7-64 bit Pro.

With me it's when I start NBpro and open the Download Tab and hit Update Headers. There are 64 groups being updated from two seperate ISPs - so that's 128 imports going into the data bases. As the groups are updated they disappear from the list but random lines across the list turn blue(highlighted??).
When I update the headers again several hours later random lines are again highlighted. I've tried clicking on a highlighted line and all the other highlighting disappears but that line remains highlighted. Another time I've clicked on a file the lines have remain highlighted or only a couple of highlights have gone. If I click on an empty line underneath the list all the highlighting disappears.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
hth.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby mimauk » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Some more info for you -
After my latest header update I was going through each group/gog tab to check what was available after the header download - I had picked a couple of files to download and they were in the Download list and downloading.
I opened up another group tab to see what was there and had highlighted some small files to delete when that tab lost focus as one of the files in the download list had completed and unrared and was deleted from the Download tab. I had to re-click on the group tab to bring it back into focus and had to re-highlight all the small files to delete them. NBpro has never done this before.
I don't know if it was because the download had completed, or if it was the unrar had completed or it was the file being deleted from the Download list that caused my open group tab to lose focus.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby kirm » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Seeing same strange behaviors with this version. Going through a group picking certain files, they mark as if downloaded already. I use a blue background and completed files marked with white background. Appears to be cosmetic.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/15/03

Postby JayPea » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:41 am

Quade wrote:Is this happening in the post list or one of the other lists?

On my system, at least, it's when multiple posts are being block selected in the post window where the headers are collated/grouped into complete articles. Cheers.
JayPea
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/06

Postby Moondawgie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Running Newsbin Pro Version 6.82 Release Candidate 1 under Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Windows Insider Version 1903 Build 18991.

While downloading the latest group updates I am unable to access the search box while there is the active display and removal of the names of the individual newsgroups being updated in the Download Tab. Once that activity pauses or stops I can then access the search box without any problem.

1. Initiate the downloading of the latest group updates using the "Download the Latest Group Updates" icon in the toolbar.
2. Observe the word "Search" in gray letters in the search box.
3. Hover mouse pointer above search box and left-click.
4. Observe the momentary disappearance and immediate reappearance of the word "search" and the inability to input anything into the search box using the keyboard until activity in the Download Tab pauses or stops.

I can provide a video recording of the screen if it would help to understand the problem.
MS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I- ASUS P8Z77-V LE; Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz; 16.0GB DDR3; 500 Mbps cable internet.
Moondawgie
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/03

Postby mimauk » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Moondawgie Post -

That's because the Download Files Tab is grabbing the Focus from any other Active Tab everytime an event occurs in the Download List eg. Group Header Download completed and group dropping from the Download list or file download completed or unrar completing. Same problem for me as mentioned above.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby WhatZit » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:31 am

mimauk wrote:That's because the Download Files Tab is grabbing the Focus from any other Active Tab everytime an event occurs in the Download List

On my Win10 Pro 1809 system, it also grabs the desktop WINDOW focus, so Newsbin jumps to the front when the "Downloading Files:" tab is first updated.

It only happens on startup, if you've swapped to another window before Newsbin has finished loading. Once its stolen the desktop focus that initial time, it never steals the focus again that session.
WhatZit
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/25/12

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm looking to hand Dex another one Friday without the focus grabber. I have two issues for this RC and focus grab is one.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby tl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:51 pm

WhatZit wrote:It only happens on startup, if you've swapped to another window before Newsbin has finished loading. Once its stolen the desktop focus that initial time, it never steals the focus again that session.

Except if you minimize to tray, if you do that it'll steal focus from the running app each time the download tab is updated...
tl
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby mimauk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:47 am

Another problem I've just noticed today.

I usually update headers 3 or 4 times a day and then go through the groups/gogs to see what is new. After looking and selecting what I want to download, I highlight all the headers in each group and hit the Delete button to mark them as read and as I have "Hide Old" selected in the drop down box they all disappear - leaving a blank pane so that when I update the headers later, I only view the new headers that have been posted since the last update. When I update the headers later and open up the group tab to view the new headers, a lot of the older headers re-appear even though "Hide Old" is still active. I click the 'radioactive' button by the search box and the visible "old" headers disappear, but when I scroll down the screen the "old" headers that were not visible are still there - I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list and then click on the 'radioactive' button and all the "old" headers then disappear.

This also happens when I use the Search tab to look for encrypted headers that have been unscrambled - I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list and hit the 'radioactive' button to get rid of the old headers.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Calahan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:07 am

I get more and more of "Display Update Pending" and after I imported nzb files or when I want to expand a group, I get no response.
Windows is showing something like (No Response) in the title bar, behind the name.
I have to wait one or more minutes until I can see or do somthing again.
It's not only the "Downloading Files" tab. The "Failed Files" tab is unusable too and also the the "Servers" tab is showing "Display Updating Pending". Also the download hangs.
Taskmanager shows 15% cpu time. I have a 4 core with Hyper Threading on. So it seems it uses full cpu time then.
I don't want to make a new installation as I follow several big groups and I want to see what I have downloaded or read.
I think it was getting worse with update to RC1 but maybe it's not RC1 related.
Don't know which older version can be installed to test it. Don't want to corrupt my databases.
Newsbin is getting unusable for me. Any other idea what I can do?
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/14/12

Postby jcthorne » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Was the option to have new nzb files added to the top of the download list removed? It was working fine in the beta and no longer does. Added the option setting to the config file and did not change anything. All are added to the bottom of the list regardless of priority or setting.
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/03

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:00 pm

In the NBI file if you add:

Code: Select all
[NZB]
SonarrAddTop=1

It'll add them to the top. Exit Newsbin, add this to the NBI file then restart Newsbin.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 pm

I get more and more of "Display Update Pending" and after I imported nzb files or when I want to expand a group, I get no response.

How big is your "Downloadmarker.db3" file in the data folder? Typically this means Newsbin is simply busy accessing the disk. Some data files just get too big over time and performance will slowly get slower and slower.

I'd also suggest making any security software ignore the data folder.

It's not a bad idea to clean some of the data folder from time to time. The more stuff that collects in the failed, wish and download lists, the slower things will get. If your download list is empty, you might want to open the data folder, exit Newsbin then delete "DownloadsV2.db3". This will wipe the download, wish and error lists.

"RARPasswords.txt" needs to be cleaned out too from time to time. Particularly if you download a bunch of encrypted content.
"PosterLockout.txt" too. I recommend not even using poster lockouts anymore. It's kinda pointless because if the now common random poster posts.

DownloadMarker.db3 - Maintains the downloaded status. It's just cosmetic and can be deleted at any time.
DownloadsV2.db3 - Download Wish and Failed list.
"RARPasswords.txt" - Rar passwords....
"PosterLockout.txt" - Poster lockout entries.

The one thing I've noticed is that the more connections you have, the more "Pending" you might have. I imagine people with crazy connection counts might be problematic. I'm thinking about a re-design to decouple this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby jcthorne » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Quade wrote:In the NBI file if you add:

Code: Select all
[NZB]
SonarrAddTop=1

It'll add them to the top. Exit Newsbin, add this to the NBI file then restart Newsbin.

THANKS!
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Yeah, lots of people didn't like AddTop. That's why I changed it back but made it optional.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby jcthorne » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:00 pm

I like it because I load up a batch of backlog downloads and let Sonarr continue to monitor new releases. They go right to the top to dl first then newsbin goes back to the backlog list. This way they get downloaded quick before they have a chance to be removed. Anyway, appreciate your keeping this as an option for me at least.
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby kenr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:13 am

Under wine.
Strange behavior in the "Download descriptions" tab
I is jumping to the bottom of the list all the time, and randomly highlighting the downloads.
Autopar doesn't seem to download any extra needed pars. If I manually download them then it fixes the files but not before.
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:32 pm

I suspect the jumping might be related to the same focus issue others have reported. I have a fix for it. There's just one final thing I'm checking.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby triskel » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Mmm.... strange highlightings here too...
triskel
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/03

Postby Quade » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:23 pm

The next RC should be up tonight. I was testing it and all the focus snatching is gone.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support