6.72-4776 Missing download sizes in queue

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

6.72-4776 Missing download sizes in queue

Postby fronbow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

Hey All

I've recently started noticing only a certain amount of download sizes are listed in the Download queue. I've just counted 32 downloads have the correct size info but my queue is at 479 so the status bar info tip for the size of the queue is off by quite a bit! I'm not sure if this is a NBP thing or something's changed at my end?

I would've thought that given the info is in the main pane, it would re-use the file info in the queue as well?

Cheers
fronbow
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Re: 6.72-4776 Missing download sizes in queue

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:47 am

The download list does demand loading. Meaning all the download information isn't loaded from disk until the file starts to download. I assume that's what you're seeing.

This shouldn't impact the totaled queued count though.

I paused Newsbin, added 450 things to the download list and see the status bar show the correct amount queued. I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Maybe I need to pause them all and restart and see if that impact it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: 6.72-4776 Missing download sizes in queue

Postby fronbow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Quade wrote:The download list does demand loading. Meaning all the download information isn't loaded from disk until the file starts to download. I assume that's what you're seeing.

Yes, this could be it as it seems to be around the number of connections to the servers I connect to.
It's just odd cos it's only started behaving like this recently.

I'm not sure how you would recreate it either as it's more than likely to do with my crappy internet connection and servers setup?!!
fronbow
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support