Checkmark for Download Folder Gone

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Checkmark for Download Folder Gone

Postby ppan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:32 pm

In v6.41, and in Group Properties, I could set a checkmark to download files to a specified Folder (Download Folder). That was great, because when unchecked, it would go to the default folder instead.
In v6.71RC3 the checkmark has been removed and the only way to get it to go to the default folder is to remove the path to the specific folder.

That means that I need to keep a list of the specific paths for each group and keep adding/removing the paths each time instead of just hitting the checkmark

Can we please have the checkmark back?
ppan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/24/09

Re: Checkmark for Download Folder Gone

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Yeah it's gone. If you mostly download to the group options folder, you might want to just leave it set then "Download to Folder" from the post list right click menu for the exceptional cases.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby ppan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Actually, I am downloading "all" files to either the default (unchecked) or the specific folder (checked) depending on my filter.
Thus, with v6.41. I checked for Filter1 and unchecked for Filter2.
Disappointed that this has been removed. Now I need to keep a list somewhere with my paths (different for different groups) and keep adding/removing the paths based on my filter.
Any reason why this great "feature" was removed?
ppan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/24/09

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:10 am

I'll try to come up with a work around. I think it should be possible to make a watch list do this.

Setup 2 watch lists, one for filter one, one for filter two. Give each a unique path, set the "search for" to ".*" then select the filter profile for each.

Now when you download headers, each watch list should fill in with the posts that match the filters. If you then load them and add to download (or set them to download automatically), you can have a "per filter" download path without having to manually switch them back and forth.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support