Version 6.70 Beta 7 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.70 Beta 7 Available...

Postby dexter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:26 am

More fixes for Version 6.70 Beta 7

Here are the changes:

• Moved Group Folder selector to the left of the filters.
  • Fixed issue where inactive groups weren't getting loaded up when Local Search was used.
  • Fixed issue with Local search not showing search progress.
  • Fixed issue where font changes weren't persisting between restarts.
  • Fixed issue where adding a file to the download list wasn't getting tagged properly
  • Fixed issue when files are removed from the download list, they weren't getting unqueued properly
  • Fixed issue where files could get marked "Downloaded" but not also marked "old"
  • Change so doing a ctrl-r will mark a post old but not downloaded
  • Fixed the NZB Size filter
  • Fixed issue where incomplete NZB's weren't properly tagged
  • Fixed issue loading gzipped NZB's
  • Fixed issue with read post body embedding some nulls in the text after rars are parsed.
  • Fixed issue where existing search results weren't getting tagged as downloaded

The complete list of changes and the download link is on the Newsbin Beta Page. Any questions, comments, or bug reports can be made by replying to this thread or by using the Technical Support Contact Form.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.70 Beta 7 Available...

Postby D-an-W » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:43 am

NZB files do not appear to be loaded from the watch folder (Both *.nzb and *.zip).
The "Loaded" folder is created in the watch folder ok.
D-an-W
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/11/04

Postby BZee » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:42 am

"Fixed issue where existing search results weren't getting tagged as downloaded"

I hope this doesn't mean that every file displayed using local search will be marked as downloaded whether they are downloaded or not. I need them to stay as "new" unless they are actually downloaded or I manually mark them "old"
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby Edward » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:43 am

D-an-W wrote:NZB files do not appear to be loaded from the watch folder (Both *.nzb and *.zip).
The "Loaded" folder is created in the watch folder ok.

Exactly. Not solved for me. Did a 'clean install' of Newsbin again. Too bad. Back to b5.
Newsbin Pro 6.71 build 4766 priority: 1. Easynews 2. Astraweb 3. Bulknews 1500
Edward
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/15/03

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 am

I just tried RAR/NZB/GZ and ZIP encoded NZB's and they're loading into my download list.

Let me add a second watch folder and verify it works too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Maelstroem » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 am

Loading NZB's that are incomplete are now being recognised as such (shows black block in download list), plus downloading 1 file in a compacted post doesn't seem to be marking every file as downloaded, so those issues appear fixed!

But, noticed one incomplete NZB that had 2+ GB of data (2 RARs, 1GB and 875mb + PARs) is behaving like previous issue of the download progress being shown in blue (not yellow for Astraweb even though that's where it was downloading from) with a white space at the end for the file with a missing block, no black block shown even though the NZB is now shown as incomplete! The 1GB file had 1366 parts and 1 was missing, the 875mb had 1140 parts, all available!
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:32 am

(2 RARs, 1GB and 875mb + PARs) is behaving like previous issue of the download progress being shown in blue

When a file has too many chunks to actually display, like a 1GB RAR probably does, it switches into "percentage" mode and just shows the percentage downloaded. That's what this sounds like.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Orion! » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:46 pm

I was seeing the issue of NZB files not loading from the NZB directory while using v6.70 b7.

I turned on debug logging and saw that Newsbin was scanning the NZB directory however it never loaded the NZB files which were in the NZB directory.

I noticed that Newsbin was scanning the files in a sub-directory of my NZB directory which contained jpg files, not NZB files. The NZB files are in the root NZB directory.

I removed the sub-directory which contained non-NZB files and Newsbin then automatically loaded the NZB files which were in the root directory.

I was able to reproduce this behavior by putting the non-NZB sub-directory back into the NZB directory along with a new NZB in the root NZB directory. Oncce again the NZB files was not loaded by Newsbin.

Once again, when I removed the sub-directory containing non-NZB files Newsbin loaded the NZB file in the root NZB directory.

I went back to v6.70 b5 and verified that NZB files auto loaded properly when there was a sub-directory containing non-NZB files in the NZB directory.

I then loaded v6.70 b6 and noticed the same behavior as described above while using v6.70 b7. NZB files weren't being loaded when a sub-directory containing non-NZB files was present.

Therefore it looks like a change introduced in v6.70 b6 seems to be the cause of this bug.

Hope this helps the debugging process.

Regards,

Orion!
Orion!
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Exactly. Not solved for me. Did a 'clean install' of Newsbin again. Too bad. Back to b5.

I have an idea NZB Load filtering is now more effective than it used to be. I wonder if you guys are filtering out all of the contents of the NZB?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 pm

I was able to reproduce this behavior by putting the non-NZB sub-directory back into the NZB directory along with a new NZB in the root NZB directory. Oncce again the NZB files was not loaded by Newsbin.

Once again, when I removed the sub-directory containing non-NZB files Newsbin loaded the NZB file in the root NZB directory.

Yeah this is a great tip. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby D-an-W » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Quade wrote:

I have an idea NZB Load filtering is now more effective than it used to be. I wonder if you guys are filtering out all of the contents of the NZB?

I am not filtering anything (Unless there are some default filters setup in the latest two releases?).
D-an-W
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/11/04

Postby Maelstroem » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Quade wrote:
(2 RARs, 1GB and 875mb + PARs) is behaving like previous issue of the download progress being shown in blue

When a file has too many chunks to actually display, like a 1GB RAR probably does, it switches into "percentage" mode and just shows the percentage downloaded. That's what this sounds like.

Suspected something to do with too many parts to display, If that's how it works then the white space at the end is the percentage not downloaded!
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Postby Edward » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 am

D-an-W wrote:I am not filtering anything (Unless there are some default filters setup in the latest two releases?).

I'm also don't use any filtering, but made an extra watchfolder within my old watchfolder and now it works perfectly. The downloadfolder for my browser and such is the NZB watchfolder. My downloadfolder is full of programs which I update every time there is an programupdate, so that all the files I need for a clean install of Windows are available. In the DEBUG-log I could see all the folders being scanned and scanned and scanned. Even folders that NewsBin must not scan. The downside of the new watchfolder is that I have to manually move the NZB's from the downloadfolder to the new watchfolder. Pardon my 'Dutch' English :)
Edward
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby BZee » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:02 pm

I use the "File Descriptions" option to put the subject and group in the descript.ion file. Beta 7 is using the GOG name while before the individual group name was used instead. Would it be possible to return to this method?
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:08 pm

I was able to confirm that if you have more than one folder in the autoload folder, it'll only pick up the first one. It's fixed now. Be in the next beta.

I use the "File Descriptions" option to put the subject and group in the descript.ion file. Beta 7 is using the GOG name while before the individual group name was used instead. Would it be possible to return to this method?

I'll have to look into it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby vspazv » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Manually using Show posts and Download headers on a group collection ignores the subgroup enable/disable option and processes all of the groups.
vspazv
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Postby Quade » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:06 am

Manually using Show posts and Download headers on a group collection ignores the subgroup enable/disable option and processes all of the groups.

Enable/Disable only applies for automatic download (when Newsbin periodically downloads headers) and when you hit the update button. At least that was the intent. You seem to be saying that the behavior has changed when you do a "Group of Groups" (GOG).
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby cat_man » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Having a strange incident with one nzb file. NB downloads it fine, unrars and then deletes all including the unrared file. It does not show up in file list or failed list. The deleted files are not in the recycle bin although that option is checked and works for other nzbs. I have forced a download with bypass filters, same thing. Finally turned off autopar, redownloaded, manually unrared and all is ok with unrared file. If you want I can PM you the nzb,
cat_man
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/08/05

Postby Edward » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Quade wrote:I was able to confirm that if you have more than one folder in the autoload folder, it'll only pick up the first one. It's fixed now. Be in the next beta.

Thanks Quade!
Edward
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:01 pm

If you want I can PM you the nzb,

If you want to email the NZB to ts@newsbin.com, dex or I can check it out.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby cat_man » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Done
cat_man
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/08/05

Postby Kent_Diego » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 am

I had an issue with incomplete files not getting assembled. I just downloaded a file and it had three parts with incomplete portions. I noticed eventually the par files were all downloaded. I have Aggressive Assembly Mode enabled. Then the files disappeared from the download list and were moved to the incomplete list. I re-added to down list and selected "Assemble Incompletes". Then the files were properly fixed and extracted without issue. I feel NewsBin should be smart enough to do that operation automatically without manual intervention.

Thanks for your hard work.

Kent
Kent_Diego
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/12/13

Postby agcooper » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Kent_Diego wrote:I had an issue with incomplete files not getting assembled. I just downloaded a file and it had three parts with incomplete portions. I noticed eventually the par files were all downloaded. I have Aggressive Assembly Mode enabled. Then the files disappeared from the download list and were moved to the incomplete list. I re-added to down list and selected "Assemble Incompletes". Then the files were properly fixed and extracted without issue. I feel NewsBin should be smart enough to do that operation automatically without manual intervention.

Thanks for your hard work.

Kent

i've seen this also, its like newsbin doesn't count any of the parts of an incomplete file.
agcooper
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/24/12

Postby Bismark » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:17 pm

I had to restart NB when it was downloading 12 videos because I had to restart my computer. Now that NB is back up, it is reading the chunk files and as such, when I open a newsgroup, none of the sort commands work. I suspect I will not be able to process any newsgroups until this is done. I also closed the newsgroup and tried to compact it, but it just sat there and the green bar kept moving across the window and did not do the compaction.

It would also be great to be able to stick something at the top of the download list and have it stop what it is doing with the chunk files and download the item at the top.

Last, how do I get NB to delete the chunk files when it is done with them? I keep having to delete them once a day and there are thousands of them.

Thanks for the help.
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/27/10

Postby Quade » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:16 pm

I had to restart NB when it was downloading 12 videos because I had to restart my computer. Now that NB is back up, it is reading the chunk files and as such, when I open a newsgroup, none of the sort commands work. I suspect I will not be able to process any newsgroups until this is done. I also closed the newsgroup and tried to compact it, but it just sat there and the green bar kept moving across the window and did not do the compaction.

You disk is grinding away with the file assembling, at the same time you're loading the group. Until the load completes you probably can't sort because the thing loading is the same thing that sorts. I'd need another thread to handle the sort at the same time the load is happen. Might be worth doing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Bismark » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Please add another thread to allow top priority downloads to happen at any time.

Thanks.
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/27/10

Postby Quade » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:04 pm

If you select then pause them before you exit and restart you can set any sort order you want on restart. Once it restarts assembling from chunks it already has on disk, it's going to keep assembling files in the order they are in the download list because they're already done downloading. Changing the order changes the download order but doesn't change the assembly order . The regular order takes over when all the queued up chunks are consumed.

I thought you were talking post list sort order.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support