Version 6.10 Release Candidate 4 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.10 Release Candidate 4 Available...

Postby dexter » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Release Candidate 4 has more bug fixes and tweaks. Discovered you could not delete locked out posters so that has been fixed. Also worked on issues processing posts of MP3 sets with PAR files and a problem in AutoPAR where available PAR blocks were getting counted wrong

Summary:
  • Hooked up Download to Folder from Wish List
  • Now limits the length of the temporary unrar folder to 20 chars to help avoid conflicts
  • Changed MP3 filename mode. If there's a par file, moving the files to the ID3 folder is deferred until after repair and then all files mentioned in the PAR set are moved.
  • Fixed issue where files renamed as part of assembly didn't reflect the correct name in the descript.ion and files list.
  • Fixed Poster Lockout issues. It would remove the last element from the poster lockout and even when it did, it didn't reset the filter.
  • Fixed issue with Image DB sorting on the wrong columns
  • Fixed a case where NZB Autoload wouldn't move a ZIP that contained NZB's if the NZB's had already been read in.
  • Fixed issue where AutoPAR was double-counting repair blocks.

The download link is on the Newsbin Beta Page.

Any issues with this release, please reply to this thread, contact us through our Technical Support Form or swing by our irc channel. It's #newsbin on irc.newsbin.com.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.10 Release Candidate 4 Available...

Postby wissertje » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 am

I don't know if this is a bug but If i use the assign a new unrar path and don't make a folder all the mkv are extracting whitout any folders. I tried add a path prefix and the save to an unique folder named for the sourche file. This function only works if the unrar folder will not be changed. If i'm not mistaking was this function available in version 5?

If it is not a bug, maybe it can be added in a future release?
wissertje
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/12/07

Postby dexter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 am

Quade was doing some work in this area and it may not be done. I noticed some strange things as well and have noted it.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 pm

wissertje, I'm not really understanding what you're seeing.

1 - Assign a new unrar path from the right click menu sets an absolute path. None of the unrar path options apply then. That's the folder it goes to.

2 - "Overrider Unrar Path" lets you set an unrar path for all downloads. The other options "Path Prefix" and "Unique Folder" apply to this assigned path in the options.

So, I could use more details about what you're trying to do and what you see.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby wissertje » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:59 am

Hello Quade,

When i assign a new unrar path only the mkv/avi (or every other extension) will be there without seperate folders. So i tried the two options to create a seperate folder for each download in the custom unrar destination. But Newsbin doesn't create a custom folder. I assume when i use the "save to an unique folder named for the sourche file" it also works whit the new unrar path but it doesn't.

The assign a new unrar path works almost perfect. The option only works if newsbin is downloading. If newsbin is on pause before i inport several nzb's and assign first the new folder, everything is extracting to the standard unrar folder. Sorry if my English is bad. I do my best.

Edit: If i assign a new unrar path i see Enter New Folder Name. Is it possible that newsbin create a New Folder Name automatic? I think if i say it this way you will understand what i mean.
wissertje
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/12/07

Postby Maelstroem » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Just noticed a problem with NB not updating all the headers for a post that was still being uploaded to Astraweb as I was downloading it. Started downloading when about 10 files were complete and when they finished downloading I then downloaded headers again and saw some incompletes and complete files so downloaded the completes, downloaded headers again and 9 files now show incomplete and won't complete no matter how many times I download the headers again. Went to binsearch and downloaded an NZB of the same post and could download those 9 files no problem, so they are complete on Astraweb but NB is showing them as incomplete!

Only problem now is the posts are showing as 'Downloaded' status so making it difficult to see at a glance which ones are still incomplete, tried 'Mark Posts New' on all the files but they still show 'Downloaded' status. Is it possible to remove the downloaed status and put the post back to Idle/New status so I can see the incompletes?
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:54 pm

I just added a set of files to the download list. It had no pars and the newests ones were incomplete. Then I updated my groups and the size of the file in the download list changed from 2.06 to 3.0 something DB and now it's got 10 pars. The newest pars are incomplete. Just updated again and now the item in the download list is 3.1 GDB and I have 11 pars.

Basically, I'm saying I can't seem to reproduce your issue. When I update headers, the files in the download list get updated too.

In the server options, you might want to set a 100 post header over lap for your headers server. Since AW uses a farm to deliver headers, if you hit a different server in the farm, even a couple post difference between 2 of the servers might cause a gap in headers and a set that never completes. Overlap makes Newsbin read 100 older headers too so, even if the servers's aren't 100% synced, the files should still complete.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Maelstroem » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Ok, I've set overlap to 100. This issue will probably only occur again in the rare case when I hit a post being uploaded and decide to download it at the same time. If it happens again I'll let you know, if it can't be replicated and no one else has noticed it might be like you say about Astrawebs servers.

Thanks for overlap tip!!
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:31 pm

It's not unique to astra. Anytime you have a server farm, you run into the possibility that the headers aren't 100% synced between them.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Maelstroem » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Ok, I'll remember to make sure the overlap is set in future. I just downloaded headers again for the group that post was in and those posts are still incomplete, obviously a hiccup with not setting overlap!!
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm

As an experiment, you could delete the "Range.db3" for this group, then set a "Download age" of say, 2 days. When you download headers, it'll download headers from 2 days ago to now. If it's still incomplete at that point, it's just incomplete and overlap is just a wild goose chase.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support