Can I stop it from re-downloading headers?

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Can I stop it from re-downloading headers?

Postby rwayneross » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I upgraded to version 6 (Excellent upgrade in my opinion!), however I had a problem.

I had a VERY large group (boneless with 1100 days) that I was converting from version 5.xx. During the 10-hour conversion the auto-update fired off and started downloading new headers - all 4 billion of them. Since I already had them I let the conversion finish and killed the updating thread from auto-update. However, on the next auto-update it again wants to download all 4 billion headers. The StorageData.db3 is about 26GB so I know the headers were converted, it just appears that the "last known header number downloaded" got screwed up by the auto-uprate rather than the conversion. (Yes, in hindsight I should have disabled auto-update before the convert from 5.xx - let that be a warning to all!)

Can I have it reset that flag to the highest (most recent) header in the database so I can avoid re-downloading the headers for the next 3-4 days?
rwayneross
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/10/02

Re: Can I stop it from re-downloading headers?

Postby Quade » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Delete the file "Range.db3" for that group and set a download age of "1". Then download latest on the group. This will make it download 1 days worth and integrate them into the imported headers.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Can I stop it from re-downloading headers?

Postby rwayneross » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Awesome - it worked!

Thanks again Quade!

P.S. I really appreciate the move to DB3 as the file-store... now I can write .NET programs to search the databases for specific criteria on-mass. This is excellent!
rwayneross
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/10/02

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support