icon on task bar.

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

icon on task bar.

Postby fableman » Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 am

The normal mode of programs thats running and have a icon on the task bar is that if you click the icon it will remain on task bar and open program window.
Newsbinpro remove the taskbar icon when you click it its a small design miss but it's a pain when you double click it sometimes and open up other programs when you only wanted to open up newsbin pro.
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/25/06

Re: icon on task bar.

Postby DThor » Fri May 20, 2011 8:20 am

Almost every program that shows up in my win7 taskbar seems to have different behaviour. Some double clicking does nothing, some open and remove, some show info, some require right clicking to accomplish anything at all. MS seems to have done a particularly crappy job informing devs the proper way to implement this feature. I'm not sure I like the behaviour you describe, are you sure there's just one method? Seems to me there's simply flexibility in implementation, for better or worse...

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby fableman » Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am

DThor wrote:Almost every program that shows up in my win7 taskbar seems to have different behaviour. Some double clicking does nothing, some open and remove, some show info, some require right clicking to accomplish anything at all. MS seems to have done a particularly crappy job informing devs the proper way to implement this feature. I'm not sure I like the behaviour you describe, are you sure there's just one method? Seems to me there's simply flexibility in implementation, for better or worse...

DT

Iam not 100% sure, but all programs I use on 4 different computers running win2008 server and win7 all stay on the taskbar when I open them.

And I think most programs don't want by mistake get another program infront of there program if the user click two times on the icon instead of one.
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/25/06

Postby Quade » Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 am

Newsbin 6, single click restores it. I can think about it. I don't dislike the idea.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support