Delete All Posts from Poster

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Delete All Posts from Poster

Postby mimauk » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 am

NBPro6 Beta14 - build 952

Had a strange one this morning. After updating all groups - 47 off - in one of the GOG was about 13000 spam posts from the same poster. I right clicked and clicked on ''Delete all posts from Poster'' when they all started downloading.

Most of them failed and appeared under the Failed Posts tab but a dozen or so carried on downloading - at the same time in the GOG tab all the posts were still there but as a ''Deleted'' list, not actually named. I shut Newsbin down but the downloads carried on - I have a small download meter in the corner of my screen - bit of a panic so I shut the machine down.

After rebooting and opening Newsbin again, and hitting the pause button just in case, I opened the GOG tab again and all the 13000+ posts were still there - most showing as ''Deleted'' - even after permanentley deleting them a couple of times.

I've been out for a couple of hours and opened Newsbin again and tried the GOG tab and all the offending posts have now gone.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/06

Re: Delete All Posts from Poster

Postby Quade » Thu May 19, 2011 8:20 am

"Delete all from poster..." doesn't nothing to the already downloading files. All it does is delete them from the stored posts and from the display.

I know what happened though, you hit "Download all Posts from Poster" instead of "Delete all..." I've done it before too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Delete All Posts from Poster

Postby DThor » Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 am

Yeah, me three. I'd suggest setting the delete from poster command to a custom key, since doing that I've not done this. Makes clearing out sporgy groups really fast, too, especially if you assign it to a single function key, for example.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support