Deleted post still showing plus another issue!

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Deleted post still showing plus another issue!

Postby Maelstroem » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Deleted some posts from a few groups a few days ago and yesterday but they still come back. In the post list I highlight the files, right click and choose 'Delete Posts', but if I exit/restart NB then reload the group they show up again. If I use SHIFT+DEL on the files they don't seem to come back!

Also, in 5.5x if I tagged an already downloaded file NB skipped it as it was marked as downloaded, now in 6B1 it downloads it again!! I noticed that in the download list the file is marked with a green page icon meaning downloaded but the status still says idle.
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Re: Deleted post still showing plus another issue!

Postby Quade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

eleted some posts from a few groups a few days ago and yesterday but they still come back. In the post list I highlight the files, right click and choose 'Delete Posts', but if I exit/restart NB then reload the group they show up again. If I use SHIFT+DEL on the files they don't seem to come back!

Sounds like the menu isn't hooked up.

Yeah, the tagging of already downloaded stuff is different. I'll think about it.

Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 am

Do you download headers from multiple servers? I can't reproduce it but, multi-header server updates might explain it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Maelstroem » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

I only download headers from one server, Astraweb. I have 3 Astraweb SSL servers setup, use the main one for downloading + headers, the US and EU ones are set as fill/slave servers as sometimes Astraweb seems drop odd parts now and again from one server but they make it to the other servers and get picked up by the fill servers.

Just loaded all my groups and no deleted posts show up, so SHIFT+DEL seems to have worked.
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support