Kill file & compacted view

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Kill file & compacted view

Postby JayPea » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 am

Since upgrading to the current build of v6 I've noticed that the default view for posts is compacted. This used to be a toggle option but I can't see where it's moved to. Is the option to switch it off still available? For me it makes reading my daily updated headers a real pain and I miss more than I spot so I'd love to have the option to disable it return again.

Also, I seem to be having issues when adding new people to my killfile. In v5 I used to find someone I wanted to ignore and then right click/lock out poster and as long as my filter was enabled then that spammer would never be seen again. In v6 I try the same, get a prompt to add optional text to the kill file entry, ensure my filter is enabled and then click OK and to my dismay the posting is still there. Am I doing something wrong in the new version?

If it's a case of these features not being available quite yet then I'll turn my volume down and sit it out.

If this has already been mentioned in other threads, then I apologise. I did skim through the various forums before typing this, although not super-thoroughly.

Thanks as always & keep up the most excellent work.
JayPea
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/06

Re: Kill file & compacted view

Postby richy99 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 am

compacted is how it works now, there is no method of disabling it

im not sure that the lockout posters is working yet
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/03

Postby JayPea » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 am

richy99 wrote:compacted is how it works now, there is no method of disabling it

If so, then that's a real shame. Why was this design choice taken? Is there any chance of getting an expanded view added to back in? EG, right click/expand all posts? Even something in the options page? It really is a step backwards (the only step backwards). I've moved over permanently to V6 now but if the strange decision to force that god-awful view on us users stays then I'll be swiftly moving back to V5 or to another client - neither of which I want to do.

richy99 wrote:im not sure that the lockout posters is working yet

No problem. I'll sit it out and wait for the feature to become available.
JayPea
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/06

Postby richy99 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am

in a post list you can use ctrl+h to expand it or use the arrow to expand the set, it is to allow the groups to be loaded up much faster and use less memory than 5 and along with internal changes, im not sure that the toggle to switch compact will ever return but only Quade would be able to say

you can still use v5 if you feel the beta is not suitable for your needs at present
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support