Download Special

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download Special

Postby eclapwannabe » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:36 am

In the Main Screen which list all your newsgroups that you monitor there are Top menu items-File, View, Watch List, Groups, Options and Help. When I click on the Groups Headings, the first set of options are related to Show Posts and the second set of Options are related to Downloading of headers.
This second set of options is what I am interested in.

There is a newsgroup that I am interested in but as of current totals 210 million headers. I am trying to let Newsbin work for me instead of just aimlessly downloading all the headers. I was wondering if Download Special would serve my purpose. I just want to investigate the last year worth of headers. Is my thinking correct or not? Can I prevent NBP from downloading headers as soon as I select the group and just download the headers from the Download Special option?

Thanks as always
EC
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: Download Special

Postby Quade » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:52 pm

If you set "Download Age" to 365 then right click the group "Post Storage/Use Download Age". You can make it download just the past year's worth. Download special is supposed to let you walk back through the group but it's not been tested in awhile.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support