Need help with new installation

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Need help with new installation

Postby gumdoc » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 pm

So, I built a new rig, taking my old C: drive and it is now the D: drive on my new computer. I want to run Newsbin but running the newsbinpro64.exe just brings up a status message that there is no news server. I downloaded and tried to just run a trial version, but can't for the life of me recall which news server I used (astraweb, maybe?)

Since I have the old hard drive intact, is there any way to extract the info I need from that folder or elsewhere to be able to re-install/setup Newsbin with the previous news server account settings? I looked in the appdata/local of the old drive and I see there's a Newsbin folder with multiple files including a .nbi file but not sure how to incorporate the data from the old drive. Is there a preferred way to move the files so that I can just get things back to the way they were without needing to do a fresh install?

Thanks for any help.
gumdoc
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/11

Re: Need help with new installation

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:47 pm

I'd install Newsbin normally. Then look for the old "NBI" file on what was the old disk. The NBI file contains the configuration.

Once you have the old NBI file, you could just double-click it to import it into the new Newsbin install. Alternatively you could copy the whole old data folder from the old C drive to the same path in the new C drive.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support