Error w/ 6.82 B6 on obfuscated posting with no extensions:

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Error w/ 6.82 B6 on obfuscated posting with no extensions:

Postby saintsinner » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:26 am

I've only noticed this a few times, but after downloading all the parts newsbin removes the listing from the downloading files list BUT continues to repair/rebuild/create the file (you can see this under task manager, or if you have other normal files queued up it will download them but won't move on to unpacking/repairing until it's done with the previous obscured file. Which (at least for my settings) is exactly what it should do, the only problem being the premature moving of the in process file. It's not an urgent problem nor does it effect usability or speed, it's just.... odd.
saintsinner
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/09/07

Re: Error w/ 6.82 B6 on obfuscated posting with no extension

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 am

Files that aren't grouped get removed from the download list directly so, repair and unrar will happen in the background. I think that's what you're commenting on. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see any fix for this. One solution might be to generate an NZB from the files and feed that into the download list because that will "force group" the files. If you're already using an NZB, don't feed it to the post list, instead feed it to the download list directly because again this will force group them.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby saintsinner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:03 am

Quade wrote:Files that aren't grouped get removed from the download list directly so, repair and unrar will happen in the background. I think that's what you're commenting on. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see any fix for this. One solution might be to generate an NZB from the files and feed that into the download list because that will "force group" the files. If you're already using an NZB, don't feed it to the post list, instead feed it to the download list directly because again this will force group them.

Excellent that's exactly what I was refering to, and I'll try that if it gets too annoying. At the moment I just do the CTRL-F to open the nzb, then select all and manually download to a new folder named after the NZB which makes future renaming easier which might be more important to me than knowing exactly what is being processed at that moment. (ponders) Thanks for the workaround!
saintsinner
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:44 pm

You can automate all of that.

1 - Create an NZB Watch folder in Newsbin.

2 - Give it an unrar path that includes $(NZBFILE) "X:\NZBS\$(NZBFILE)\" for example.

3 - Now any NZB saved to this folder will get loaded into the download list, download and end up in a folder named for the NZB.

You can also tell Newsbin to automatically download all double-clicked NZB's. It's in the NZB Options. If you do that, you might want to make the main unrar older include $(NZBFILE). You can make multiple NZB Watch folders to control where the files end up too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby saintsinner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Duh, yeah that would work! ! can do separate folders for the auto downloading where each folder means it goes to a different drive (I make things extra difficult by using 4 different drives depending on the content) Perfect. Thanks!
saintsinner
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support