issues and crashes while loading nzbs 6.82 b3 and before

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

issues and crashes while loading nzbs 6.82 b3 and before

Postby mxrevolution » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 am

hi folks,

for more than 10 years i was satiesfied with newsbin. But the last weeks i am really disappointed.

In dec18 i build a new power pc, i7 8700k, 16gb ddr 4000, 2 nvme 500gb ssd (3500mb/sec read // 2500/mb/s write)
Since then, i must say i build and install pcs for a living, it runs fast and rock solid, i am having issues and freezes with newsbin 6.8x

I now reinstalled newsbin at least 5 times, 3.80 3.81 3.82 - B1 B2 B3, setting up everything manually, so no old problems imported.
dupe checking doesnt work anymore for the last 10 updates, so i disabled it.

When everything is set up, i auto import a single nzb,
it is processed in a sec, downloaded at 400mbit (55mb/sek)
so far so good ...

BUT

as soon as i auto import 5 nzbs, they are imported to the top, and nothing happens after.
The nzbs show up in the "downloading files" windows ... and i can wait minutes , even a hour, until the download starts.

When i try to reorder the files, it takes 5-10 minutes to sort, and i see (no response) msg beside the build number on top .
When i auto import more nzb files ... i see lines of "display update pending" sometimes for an hour
CPU is at 1 % all the time

But newsbin is some kind of frozen.

Sometimes when i am patient enough, suddenly 90% of the first file is downloaded and newsbin stops for an unknown reason....
The mousepointer "hourglas" is shown but nothing more

Then after 5 mins, the 1. download is finished, and the next is started, but freezes again after 10 sek, 50 mb of 5000 are downloaded
so i have to wait another 5 min or even 1 hour ... and so on ..

When i want to close newsbin, it takes minutes and most of the time i have to kill newsbin task via taskmanager
coz it does not close at all.

Before (in the past) i used newsbin on win7, and i could import 500 even 5000 nzbs without any issues.
Took a min or 2 and i was fine.

There is no firewall active, win10 even complains about this regulary, and no antimalware/virusscanner besides defender is running.
I tried with and without ssl, different ports and Versions (V1 V2)
I guess something has changed with the nzb database handling, to the worse.

I know, especially xxx nzbs lately have strange data of obfuscated filenames, maybe the problem starts there?
But after a long waiting time ... sometimes more than a hour, even they are processed without problems.
I am out of options. Any help is appreciated.

Mike

P.S. while i was typing this post, the 2nd file in the download queue is stuck at 50 mb for 20 min now .... again

i am now back on 6.81 and at least it runs ... most of the time
mxrevolution
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support