RAR_UNRAR of files

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

RAR_UNRAR of files

Postby eclapwannabe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:39 pm

Current Version of NBP-64 NewBin121814 Newsbin Pro 6.80RC7 Build: 5054

It just dawned on me where I maybe have a problem and it looks like it may not be anything NB is doing wrong.
I think the poster maybe using par2 Files incorrectly

What the poster will do is post all the series files individually then throw in a par2 file with about five or six parts.
What is happening is I end up with par2 files and usually 3 to 4 files that are duplicates in the file folder the files were originally downloaded too.

Normally if done correctly all the files in series will all be grouped together then when Newbin unrares the file it is sent to unrar folder and no files are left in the original download folder.
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: RAR_UNRAR of files

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 pm

You're using an older version. I'd upgrade and see if it still acts the same. Are you using NZB files?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby eclapwannabe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 am

No I am not using nzb files

So that is my problem?

Your search services is not good to me because it will not search the alt. binaries groups so I am left to other nzb sources
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:12 pm

It's just pointless to trouble-shoot if you're not using the latest. Any problems might already be fixed.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby eclapwannabe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 pm

I upgraded and it seems like the problem is resolved. thanks for the help

I was not trying to argue the need for the upgrade. I agreed with that. I did the upgrade and that is resolved.

Just a warning though. Nothing about your end just a warning about Microsoft!!!

I have upgraded plenty of newer versions of NBP before never had a problem .... til today.
There was not a problem with the download. That always works like a champ. It is when I tried to run the upgrade. I get a nastigram from out of the blue. A rectangle box with a blue border issues a warning that I SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD AND RUN APPS THAT IS NOT FROM "THE STORE"!!!1 I thought what BS is this. So off I go to Google Chrome forums and state what BS is Google pulling now. A reply suggested their was a problem from your end. I just thought no way Jose.

It happened again when I was upgrading my Videolan VLC player. There are new video Clips 4K UHD that are a problem with a lot of third party media players. I use MPC-HC and Zoom Player and VLC and GOM.
MY main go to is MPC-HC because all the others seem to have a delay before starting. Buffering problems. Once I downloaded the file then tried to install it I go the blue bordered popup warning again. This time it showed a setting link and the setting link was to the Windows 10 settings page. So the culprit was Windows or MS I think it is quite rude to presume that they should be the only source for downloads from the internet. I know for most users it is a "decent" security measure. But for me it is BS. I do not need their bs hand holding. I only download from very trusted sites. So I had to go into settings and select: Allow me to download apps from anywhere. All of this crap started when the rolled out their Windows 10 Creator Version 1703 and up.

Anyway I hope the second part is helpful.

EC
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 am

I'm just pointing out I won't trouble-shoot old versions because it's kinda pointless. You can run any version you prefer.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support