Sonarr marking completed downloads as failed

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Sonarr marking completed downloads as failed

Postby jcthorne » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

I have been using Sonarr and Newsbin together as a Usenet Blackhole configuration for some time but wanted to try and make things more automated using the API calls.

I got Newsbin and Sonarr talking ok using an api key. Sonarr sends the request to newsbin and the file downloads, places it in the Sonar Downloads directory but Sonarr never imports it, instead marking it as failed. I have no post unRAR filters set.

Any ideas where I went wrong? or where to look to figure this out?
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/03

Re: Sonarr marking completed downloads as failed

Postby Quade » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm

What version are you using? 6.81 and particularly the new 6.82B1 have had significant improvements to the sonarr interface.

places it in the Sonar Downloads directory but Sonarr never imports it,

You want Newsbin downloading to a normal folder not monitored by Sonarr. Sonarr will then get the unrar path from Newsbin and pulls the files over that way. You don't want to download into folders under the Sonarr install or into the folder where Sonarr moves files to. Keep them completely separated. It can be problematic if sonarr is running on one machine and Newsbin another. You'd have to use UNC paths for the unrar folder then. Both machines would have to have access to this UNC based unRAR folder too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jcthorne » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Quade wrote:What version are you using? 6.81 and particularly the new 6.82B1 have had significant improvements to the sonarr interface.

places it in the Sonar Downloads directory but Sonarr never imports it,

You want Newsbin downloading to a normal folder not monitored by Sonarr. Sonarr will then get the unrar path from Newsbin and pulls the files over that way. You don't want to download into folders under the Sonarr install or into the folder where Sonarr moves files to. Keep them completely separated. It can be problematic if sonarr is running on one machine and Newsbin another. You'd have to use UNC paths for the unrar folder then. Both machines would have to have access to this UNC based unRAR folder too.

I need to be more specific.

Sonarr and Newsbin are on two different machines on the same local network. Sonarr seems to have no trouble speaking with Newsbin using the API. I have Sonarr the Host IP address, port 8080 and made up an api key. Set up Newsbin with the same port and api key and specified C:\Sonarr Downloads\ as the unRAR folder in Newsbin Remote NZB Interface Settings tab. Newsbin is downloading the files and unRAR into that directory. Sonarr never picks it up and marks it as failed.

From what you are saying, the fact that they are on two different machines may be causeing my problem. Any idea how I need to configure Sonarr to it can pick up the file across the network? Remote Path mapping?
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby jcthorne » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:12 am

Thanks for the help. You were right, the trouble was drive path because Sonarr and Newsbin were on two different machines. Once I set up the remote path mapping in Sonarr, it began importing files as intended.

Now I am off to see if I can get Radarr and Sonarr both to work with Newsbin at the same time.....
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Nice.

Yeah both programs have to be able to access the same path with the same path name.

"\\Machine\C:\Unrared\"

For example. Sonar has pretty good logging. You can normally look at the logs to see why it's not happy.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support