Files List tab does not show all files downloaded

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Files List tab does not show all files downloaded

Postby omega13lives » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:08 am

AND I can't use the Search function here to look for results because it ignores "list" and "files"! Hmm...

Just today I was downloading a file and the Files List tab had 2 entries, one from today, and one from several days ago, certainly not all the files I've downloaded in the last week. After downloading another file, the first entry was gone and the second from today was still there but the file I just downloaded is not listed. I can't find any setting to clear the DL Files List. I've had this issue with a number of recent builds and it certainly isn't critical, but it bugs me.

Under Advanced Options I have both Save Files List on Exit and Save Failed List on Exit checked.

Thanks.
omega13lives
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Re: Files List tab does not show all files downloaded

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:11 pm

What happens if you hit the "refresh" button. second button from the left.

By default Newsbin deletes all pars and rars after unraring them.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby omega13lives » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Now it is clear and shows 0. In the past it used to show a list of files I downloaded, date and path (in case I couldn't find what folder it was in). The Failed Files still shows 1 entry from 5/31.
omega13lives
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:34 am

You know, if you move or delete files on disk, the downloaded files will automatically be removed from the list.

I'm not getting any other reports of this right now so, I'm not sure what to tell you. You could search for and delete the file "Downloaded.db3" to reset the storage for the files list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby omega13lives » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:37 am

Thank you, I did not know that. I typically move the files to a different folder. I tested downloading to a specific folder; the file I downloaded to an Existing Folder showed up in the Files List after downloading. (The file was a Par .002 file for testing.) After I restarted NewsBin, the file was no longer listed in Files List (showing 0) even though the file is still in the existing folder where I downloaded the test. Does it matter what type of file it is? How long is the history of files downloaded supposed to be visible? I hit refresh and nothing happened. I know this is probably not a big deal for most people so give it a low priority.
omega13lives
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:42 pm

How long is the history of files downloaded supposed to be visible?

1 - Once you hit 4000 files, the oldest 100 get removed from the list (but not the disk) and the newer files will continue to fill in.

2 - If you move files out from under Newsbin, either the refresh button or restart will remove them from the list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby omega13lives » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

The previous test file was downloaded to a specific folder, not the default DL path; it disappeared from the Files List on restart. I just downloaded another test file to the default DL path, did not move or delete it, and it showed up in the List until I restarted NB and now it's at 0 again. I am using 6.80RC7, build 5054. Not sure if there's something I need to clean out, or a setting I missed? Do your (and others) files show in the Files List until you clear it or delete them?
omega13lives
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:21 am

You're running a relatively old version. It's not even the 6.80 release and we're already testing 6.81 beta. At the very least you should be testing the release.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby omega13lives » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:49 pm

I forgot I had downloaded newer versions to install. Up to 6.80 final now. Downloaded 2 files, showing in Files List. Options for Storage Age: 90 days. Restarted NB, Files List showed (2) but no files listed, then changed to (0).
omega13lives
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support