Force assemble incompletes no matter what

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Force assemble incompletes no matter what

Postby deylone » Tue May 29, 2018 5:59 am

I have realized recently that recent newsbin versions no longer work like older versions:

In the past incomplete files would stay forever in the download tab and would have names with capital letters in the download directory. It was then easy to spot defect files and to repair them manually with pars.

Now if a file is incomplete it will go to the failed folder. If I don't realize that straight away it seems that the downloaded chunks will be deleted after some time and I will have to start to download the file from scratch. This will be a waste of time anyway since as the file is incomplete it will be back again in the failed tab although it was added in the download list using the "assemble incomplete" option

Can't we simply have a "Force Assemble Incomplete no matter what" option once the retry max count has been reached with capital letters in the names of the failed files?

At the moment the process is very tedious since I need to assemble each incomplete file manually before it gets deleted.

Please note that I have disabled Autopars as I like to control the fixing of files (there are sometime failures with large files).

Thanks in advance.
deylone
n00b
n00b

Re: Force assemble incompletes no matter what

Postby Quade » Tue May 29, 2018 12:47 pm

If you sent to pars to the download list too, Newsbin would force assemble them.

It forces assemble when retries expire IF PAR files are present. On the other hand, with no PAR files, it just fails the download since no pars = no repair.

I can consider an option but the issue is that you're not also sending the pars to the download list along with the files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support