6.80 unrar issues

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

6.80 unrar issues

Postby mickrick » Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 am

Since installing 6.80 build 5058, my downloads aren't unraring properly. Instead of showing me the last file downloaded with the repair and unrar processes in the status column, now all the files disappear from the downloading files pane, making it look like there haven't been enough files to complete the download. But when I go to the download folder, there is an unrar folder with the unrar'd file inside. But because I can't see the unrar status, and the downloaded files aren't deleted, I don't know whether its ready to go or a failed unrar.

Is there a fix for this, rather than going back to a previous version?
mickrick
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/03/12

Re: 6.80 unrar issues

Postby Quade » Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am

If they're unraring properly then is it really an issue?

But because I can't see the unrar status, and the downloaded files aren't deleted, I don't know whether its ready to go or a failed unrar.

I guess the lack of delete is problematic.

With the newer obscured formats, if you don't compact the downloads into a single line, you might not see the unrar. If using NZB's, feeding the NZB's directly to the download list will "force compact" the obscured files into a single line so, you can then see the unrar status when it happens. If all the files are sent to the download list ungrouped (like if you load the NZB to a post list first, then send it to the download list from there). It still functions but without any grouping, there's no place really to display status.

So, are you using obscured NZB's and if yes, are they being compacted together in the download list?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby mickrick » Thu May 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Quade wrote:If they're unraring properly then is it really an issue?

But because I can't see the unrar status, and the downloaded files aren't deleted, I don't know whether its ready to go or a failed unrar.

I guess the lack of delete is problematic.

With the newer obscured formats, if you don't compact the downloads into a single line, you might not see the unrar. If using NZB's, feeding the NZB's directly to the download list will "force compact" the obscured files into a single line so, you can then see the unrar status when it happens. If all the files are sent to the download list ungrouped (like if you load the NZB to a post list first, then send it to the download list from there). It still functions but without any grouping, there's no place really to display status.

So, are you using obscured NZB's and if yes, are they being compacted together in the download list?

Sorry, this is the first chance I've had to reply.

Anyway, the screenshot shows basically what I'm experiencing. As you can see, all files are downloaded, with a blank "downloading files" pane. At this stage, all the files have been downloaded, but there were several broken files which needed repairing. But at this stage I cannot tell if the files are being repaired or not. When I check the "File List" pane, it just shows the files downloaded, with the broken files in all caps. Previously, the last downloaded file would stay in the "current progress" column in "downloading files" pane, with the repair and unpacking process shown in the "status" column next to it. So that's it really.

mickrick
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/03/12

Postby Quade » Thu May 24, 2018 4:16 pm

It's seems like you ignored my comment.

It looks to me like you're using obscured NZB's as I suggested in my post. I also mentioned how to solve this problem by feeding the NZB's directly to the download list.

So, I ask again. Are you using obscured NZB's? Meaning the names of the files are random or unrelated to the content? If yes, you need to feed them directly to the download list using "NZB Autoload" or by changing the "Download D&D" option in the NZB Options.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support