Rars within rars within rars all unrar on the same level

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Rars within rars within rars all unrar on the same level

Postby EBV » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 am

When I download rar files that have rar files in them and sometimes even a third level of rar files they all get extracted to sub folders, which is fine. But the problem is that these rar files inside a sub folder are not extracted in that particular sub folder. They are all created in the download folder.

For example. A file Music.rar is downloaded. This rar file contains several folders (let's say for every Artist). In each Artist folders are new rar files. Those rar files contain the Albums. Unpacking those creates folders with the actual Tracks.

Unpacking Music.rar creates a folder \Downloads\Music, containing several folders for every Artist. This first level extracting works fine.
In each Artist folder is a new set of rar files for the Albums. Those rar files are also automatically unpacked. But instead of creating a folder within the Artist folder a folder is created in the Music folder.
So instead of \Downloads\Music\Artist\Album\ I get \Downloads\Music\Album.

What setting do I have to make so that rar files are always extracted in the folder they are in, no matter what the nesting level is?
EBV
n00b
n00b

Re: Rars within rars within rars all unrar on the same level

Postby Quade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:22 am

PM me an example. I've never run into one of these nested music rar so, the recursive unrar code (unrar files inside other rars) simply wasn't written with them in mind.

Code: Select all
[AutoRAR]
RecursiveUnRAR=0

You can disable the recursive unrar by adding this to the config file. You need to exit Newsbin first then make the change.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EBV » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:01 am

Quade wrote:PM me an example. I've never run into one of these nested music rar so, the recursive unrar code (unrar files inside other rars) simply wasn't written with them in mind.

Code: Links not allowed for unregistered users
[AutoRAR]
RecursiveUnRAR=0

You can disable the recursive unrar by adding this to the config file. You need to exit Newsbin first then make the change.

Ah, that at least stops the unrarring after the first level.

I sent you an example via PM.
EBV
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:03 am

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support