Download Path Error

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download Path Error

Postby numbersix6 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 pm

I recently had to transfer newsbin to a new hard drive. I installed it fresh, then transferred all my settings by copying the old data folder over to the new drive. The only problem I ran into was I needed to change the Newsbin .nbi file in notepad to reflect the proper data path to the new hard drive, otherwise, all my settings and configurations were successfully migrated. The issue I am having is the files are not downloading to the correct folder. Newsbin is running from my C: drive. My separate download drive is currently listed as the H: drive, but was previously called E: in my old setup. I changed the settings of the main download folder to H:\Download\$(LONGGROUP)\ but when I download any file, I get a Critical Error saying [Date Time] ERROR CheckFilename: Error Default Download Path Used:E:\Download\alt.binaries.(groupname)\:2147942421. The file does download, but only to H:\Download. I cannot get the file into the alt.binaries.(groupname) folder. I looked through the .nbi file, but did not see any anything that would do this. I even tried changing the drive letter from H: back to E:, but disk management wont allow it.
numbersix6
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/17/03

Re: Download Path Error

Postby numbersix6 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:51 pm

I was mistaken. I went into the Newsbin .nbi file and found four newsgroups that had the download folder listed as E:\Download\alt.binaries.(groupname) instead of H:. I edited the paths and the files are now downloading to the proper folder. Cheers!
numbersix6
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/17/03

Re: Download Path Error

Postby Quade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 am

Love problems that fix themselves.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support