Pause and speed limiter NOT working

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Pause and speed limiter NOT working

Postby tibbs1cat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:15 am

Hi all!
Basically for whatever reason the 'Speed limiter' and 'Pause' functions don't work properly, I can activate them but after only a few seconds they disengage! This has been a problem for the past couple of updates, I have reinstalled a couple of times but it hasn't worked, the 'timeout' period has been set to off and 1 hour etc but still no difference, whats going on please?? because it's a shared internet connection I have to have the limiter working or not use Newsbin at all because of complaints!
I've emailed Tech support several days ago but nobody's got back to me,Can anybody on here please help?
tibbs1cat
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/02/08

Re: Pause and speed limiter NOT working

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 am

People accidentally enable the "scheduler" which lets Newsbin control pause and speed limit automatically. If you look in the options you can see where to disable it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby tibbs1cat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks but i've tried that, I will enable it then within seconds it disables itself
tibbs1cat
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am

You're enabling pause and speed limiter. The scheduler is then disabling your settings.

You need to disable the scheduler first. I'm skeptical the scheduler is re-enabling itself once you disable it.

If you look down at the status bar, 11th segment from the left or second from the right, it'll show "Enabled" Or "Disabled". That also lets you turn it on and off and is likely how people turn it on by mistake.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby tibbs1cat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey, thanks Quade! being thick I confused scheduler to speed limiter despite reading it several times! so yes disabling the scheduler has fixed the issue!!
Many thanks again for your help! you won't believe how stressed I was getting over it! :lol:
tibbs1cat
n00b
n00b

Postby g51 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Quade wrote:If you look down at the status bar, 11th segment from the left or second from the right, it'll show "Enabled" Or "Disabled". That also lets you turn it on and off and is likely how people turn it on by mistake.

Hey Quade, i had the same problem and it seems it was the scheduler. I guess i accidentally clicked on it and enabled it. Perhaps it should be relocated somewhere to the left.
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/16/11

Return to V6 Technical Support