File "Queued for Download" but never downloads

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

File "Queued for Download" but never downloads

Postby Chuck D. Bones » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm

This has happened to me numerous times with various versions of 6.x. Right now I'm running 6.808B7. I click on a file in the search box, it gets a check mark, but never shows up in the download list. The queue is now stuck and no other files can be downloaded until I restart Newsbin. CPU usage for NBp reads as 0%. If I try to make an NZB from the post after this happens, the NZB file is empty. Only a small percentage of files do this, and it's unpredictable when it will happen. Filters are off, poster is not blocked, file age is well within the servers' retention limits. At the very least, is there a way to purge the queue while NBp is running so I don't have to restart NBp?
Chuck

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Chuck D. Bones
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Re: File "Queued for Download" but never downloads

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am

Is it only search based files that get stuck? Like internet search based?

Do you see any errors in the logging tab when this happens? It sounds like some sort of internal crash related to pulling records from the search server if it primarily happens with seach.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: File "Queued for Download" but never downloads

Postby Chuck D. Bones » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 am

Not just searches or NZBs do this. Newsgroups with LARGE databases do it sometimes too. Next time it happens, I'll check the logging tab.
Chuck

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Chuck D. Bones
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Return to V6 Technical Support