Internet Search / Download files marker consistency question

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Internet Search / Download files marker consistency question

Postby haileris » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi

If I add a mass of files to download (say download all files from a particular poster) and there is network connectivity preventing the search responding with the download info or newsbin is switched off immediately by mistake for example) how does newsbin handle this? I'm asking that as the status immediately changed to "queued for download", but there is latency between that status being set and it actually being correct?

Thanks
haileris
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/06/15

Re: Internet Search / Download files marker consistency ques

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:29 am

I'm not sure. It's a timing issue. It's a question of when the actual exit takes place and at what time after queuing the downloads that the exit takes place.

What do you observe?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Internet Search / Download files marker consistency ques

Postby haileris » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply as ever! My problem has been that I've had a duff SFP cable between two of my switches, which means that I have been getting drop-outs now and again. So I'm not convinced that I have downloaded everything I want, but unless I do a 1:1 verification I'm not going to find out (downloading everything from a poster can be quite a few d/l's of course.)

Assuming there is a potential gap It would be nice if there was a pending status and the status changed to downloading once the download was committed to the database.
haileris
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/06/15

Return to V6 Technical Support