GUi problems with Nb v6

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

GUi problems with Nb v6

Postby EviLFazZ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi all 8)

I haven't been using Newsbin for sometime, but remembered it's the best at what it does, so paid up and installed.
However, I didn't realise the GUi had been changed a fair amount since I last used it early last year.

I like it for what it is, but mostly, I don't. Mainly because it means I can't actually use it as I'm not able to see almost anything I'm doing. I also don't like the idea that you can't change it to the old school skin/GUi, but this wouldn't be a big deal, if I could use it as is now: http://goo.gl/9ZUfJ

Can anyone suggest anything I can do please cry:
Is this going to happen more often officially? Can I build my own skin? Can I just force it to follow my OS GUi? Version 5 looked great before and followed my OS GUi 100% which made it much easier to use, though absolutely hate saying that, as I like the idea of progression of the GUi, just not like this!

Thanks and hope someone can help, as I'm not able to really use the service and software I've paid for :cry:
Time is everything :mrgreen:
EviLFazZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/03/11

Re: GUi problems with Nb v6

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:11 am

See the file listed at the top? Newsbin.nbi? Exit Newsbin, open that file up with wordpad.

Add this entry to the colors section.

[COLORS]
UseBackgroundColor = 0

Then save it and start Newsbin. If you can't find a "[COLORS]" section, add one.

I'd suggest making a backup of the NBI before editing it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EviLFazZ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks Quade that worked brilliantly :D

I did actually look through the .nbi file, as I was moving all my spools/temp/etc to an alternative drive, but of course typed 'colour' and not 'color'... me being a blooming Brit in'it guv'na :mrgreen:

Menu issue http://goo.gl/NAqqk : Image

Anywho, this makes a huge 'usable' difference and only need to work out the menu issue, but can get by for now thanks to your very quick and helpful reply :wink:
EviLFazZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 am

Hmm, I don't think I manually control the menu color. Have you look at windows settings for menu color?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EviLFazZ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:09 am

Oh. My. Google. I just found... View > Application Look > *Various themes listed* 8)

I couldn't actually see it before, as it was so faint and just happened to see it with my nose to 30" screen... ouch! :lol: LoL
This options/selection solved everything and I fRiKiN L♥ve the new GUi and looks WAY better now :D

Thanks again Quade, your tip including this (above) worked out brilliantly :mrgreen:
EviLFazZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support