Download File Delete - Prompt to deleted ... NASTY

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download File Delete - Prompt to deleted ... NASTY

Postby Ribble » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 pm

6.01B5 1211

"Download File Delete" deletes the files when all I want to do is remove items from the Download List.

The only (?) way around this is to have "Prompt to deleted files when deleting download list items" selected and say not to delete. A lot of weird things happen with that prompt like the complete download list goes blank for a short time.

Is there an easy way to remove items from the Download List without deleting the actual files?

Kind of nasty to de-sesect the prompt, which defaults to deleting the actual files.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/04/09

Re: Download File Delete - Prompt to deleted ... NASTY

Postby Quade » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

It defaults to "not delete" in the internal beta. I'd suggest turning the prompt back on for now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Ribble » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:41 am

Prompt back on. What happens when NewsBin deletes a header download?

Only did one test with prompt off and two of three rar's went to the recycle bin. Not all that important, but NewsBin only seems to put most of deleted files in recycle bin. The rest get vaporized. Been happening since I started NewsBin 6.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 am

What happens when NewsBin deletes a header download?

Nothing. The worker cleans up and then waits for more work.

but NewsBin only seems to put most of deleted files in recycle bin. The rest get vaporized. Been happening since I started NewsBin 6.

Files that haven't been written to disk yet just vanish. If you have incomplete files and you then delete the download, they're gone.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Ribble » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:17 am

No, the three RARs were restored from the recycle bin and I allowed NewsBin to delete them again when I removed the file set from the Download List. Wanted to see what happens when "Prompt to deleted..." was de-selected.

Other cases NewsBin completed the sets, decoded, and deleted files to recycle bin. That was all on automatic. Checking slime trails in the recycle bin showed many missing parts. Haven't paid too much attention to the recycle bin, but more often than not, parts are missing. Again, this started with NewsBin 6 several (or all) prior versions.

At first I thought the recycle bin was full or something. So I cleaned it out and made that harddrive recycle bin independent and bigger. Still got missing files.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support