Every time I open NB v6 it redownloads a bunch of old PARs

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Every time I open NB v6 it redownloads a bunch of old PARs

Postby Protonus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi, I recently upgraded to v6 from v5. Something has changed in v6, so that every time I open NB, it re-downloads a bunch of old .PAR files for things I've long since downloaded, and deleted/moved. It re-creates the download folders for each, and downloads ONLY the .PAR files. Many of these files are old enough that it results in a bunch of errors about the files no longer existing on the server. I go and I delete all these folders and .PAR files it creates, but the very next time I re-open NB it does the same thing! It looks like it's always the same files too.

I'm not familiar with the v6 GUI enough yet, and I'm not sure how to tell it to stop trying to download these .PAR's. Very frustrating. I run with mostly default options, I'm fairly certain this isn't a result of a setting I changed. Thanks in advance. I tried looking at the FAQ and searching the forums but didn't find an answer to this.
Protonus
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/12/09

Re: Every time I open NB v6 it redownloads a bunch of old PA

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Delete the file "Download.db3". This will wipe the download list. It sounds like Newsbin is re-importing the old V5 files each time.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Every time I open NB v6 it redownloads a bunch of old PA

Postby Protonus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Quade wrote:Delete the file "Download.db3". This will wipe the download list. It sounds like Newsbin is re-importing the old V5 files each time.

I found a "Downloads.db3" in my C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\NewsBin path, I renamed it to "Downloads.old". That seemed to do the trick. Thanks!
Protonus
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/12/09

Return to V6 Technical Support