Docking of Groups Not Saved

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Docking of Groups Not Saved

Postby winit » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi, I'm using 6.0: 00 FB 90 E7 EF 56

And I like some features of the new gui, however, I can't get the groups to open in the previously opened view. For example, if I have 5 or six groups open in tabs along the top, the next time I open the group or a new group, it opens in the full screen. I'd like it to open the way I had it open on previous usage, or at least be able to save a view so that I don't have to keep docking into the location I want it. Any tips?
winit
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/24/08

Re: Docking of Groups Not Saved

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Groups always open at the default position. I can think about it though. They don't store positions because they're so dynamic. I'd actually have to figure out how to make this happens since all post tabs have the same ID.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby winit » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:10 am

view persistance is important enough to me that I downgraded.
winit
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/24/08

Postby itimpi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 am

winit wrote:Hi, I'm using 6.0: 00 FB 90 E7 EF 56

And I like some features of the new gui, however, I can't get the groups to open in the previously opened view. For example, if I have 5 or six groups open in tabs along the top, the next time I open the group or a new group, it opens in the full screen. I'd like it to open the way I had it open on previous usage, or at least be able to save a view so that I don't have to keep docking into the location I want it. Any tips?

I'm not quite sure what you are actually saying the problem is?

If you are saying that iPost tabs are opening in a different area of the screen to where they were when you last closed one, that could be because you have the Search tab hidden? At the moment Post tabs always open in he same area that the Search tab is docked to, and if it is hidden then Post tab opening becomes unpredictable. The fact that you can hide the Search tab is probably a bug. If the probem is something else then this may not be the reason.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby Updesh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:37 am

@itimpi : thanks - this was driving me crazy - could not understand why the groups opened one way on one machine and another way on another machine - the Search Tab - who'd a thunk it? - all fixed now

Thanks again
Updesh
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/18/06

Postby MichaelW_ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 pm

I would even like that you could lock the tabs where they are when you have then how you like them. Every now and then (often enough that it is annoying) I click them by accident and drag them off where they were, making me redrag all of the tabs back to the bottom (well, the 1/2 of the tabs I want at the bottom). Make it so you can't move them if you set a flag.
MichaelW_
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/09

Postby Quade » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:13 pm

That's what the lock on the toolbar is for. You can lock down drag and drop of the tabs.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support