Integration of newsbin and Sonarr

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Integration of newsbin and Sonarr

Postby lupulinphile » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm trying to get sonarr (and Radarr) to send the nzb files they to newsbin for download. It seems so simple to set up in concept, so I feel I must be doing something wrong.

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.5344
Windows 7 Pro
I’m trying to integrate Newsbin v6.82 (build 5142)

On the newsbin side, my settings for Remote NZB Interface are: (after I check the box to enable it)
Username: -blank-
Password: -blank-
ApI Key: abcd
port: 8000 (which is the default)
catagories: *,movies,series,tv

On the Sonar Side: I got to Settings->Download client-> -> SABnzbd (chosen because newsbin is not listed and I saw a suggestion to use this one somewhere else)

The filled in values are:
Name: Newsbin
Enable: Yes
host: 127.0.0.1
port 8000 (changed from default of 8080)
URL base: -blank-
API Key: abcd
username: -blank-
password: -blank-
category: tv
Recent Priority: Default
Older Priority: default
Use SSL: No

When I click 'test', I get

Test was aborted due to an error: Error response received from SABnzbd:

I posted this in the Sonarr forums, they asked for a Sonarr trace log, which I provided. They're response was:

"http://127.0.0.1:8000/api?mode=fullstatus&skip_dashboard=1&apikey=(removed)&output=json returns:

{
"status":"false"
}

Not sure what failed on the Newsbin side, but that’s the issue."

Anybody more familiar with this see something wrong with my setup?
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/24/06

Re: Integration of newsbin and Sonarr

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:32 pm

I'll setup the latest sonarr and give it a try. It should work. I tested it a couple weeks ago because someone else reported a problem. There are people on the IRC channel using it but I'm not clear of their sonarr is the latest.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jcthorne » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:11 pm

I have the latest Sonarr and Radarr (aphroditie) running with newsbin and they mostly work fine.

Is 127.0.0.1 the actual IP address of the machine running newsbin on your local network?

I am using port 8080 for the newsbin api call. Was told when setting it up not to use 8000 but do not recall why.
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/03

Postby lupulinphile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am

127.0.0.1 is just another way of saying 'localhost' it's universally recognized as an IP address for whatever machine it resolving it.

I've tried it both ways, with 127.0.0.1 and using localhost. neither one appears to be work.

I can't use the port of 8080 for Newsbin because my Sabnzbd downloading software is using that. But I have tried 8070 as well as 8000. Again, no luck.

I will try disabling Sabnzbd and use the 8080 address and see if that works.
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby jcthorne » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:47 am

I was never able to make it work using localhost. I had to use the actual IP address to get Sonarr/Radarr to talk to newsbin. Now a days I run newsbin on its own dedicated computer so it would be required anyway but I used to have them on the same pc.
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby lupulinphile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:11 pm

I have tried 8080 and get the same problem. In the Radarr logs, I see

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080

To my mind, that would seem to imply that radarr is doing what it is supposed to do...reaching out to newsbin on port 8080 and that newsbin is not answering.

I've temporarily disabled my VPN and my firewalls to see if any of them were blocking the port for being accessed, but the problem persists.
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby lupulinphile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Interestingly, even though I've configured newsbin to listen on port 8080, if I run netstat -anb, it appears to be listening on port 8000

TCP 0.0.0.0:8000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
[NewsbinPro64.exe]

If I change Radarr back to using port 8000, the error message in the long changes. I don't see the "actively refused" message anymore.
Now, I don't really see any reason for the error message at all in the Radarr logs.

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Error response received from SABnzbd:
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.CheckForError(HttpResponse response) in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 225
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 195
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetFullStatus(SabnzbdSettings settings) in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 102
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.<GetCategories>d__10.MoveNext() in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 225
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.TestCategory() in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 435
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.Test(List`1 failures) in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 277
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientBase`1.Test() in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadClientBase.cs:line 123
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby jcthorne » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Did you restart newsbin after changing the port to 8080?
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby lupulinphile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

It appears to that to get newsbin to change the port it is listening on, once you change it on the config screen and save, you must then completely exit and restart newsbin. It will then be listening on the new port.

This doesn't help me at all fix my underlying problem. I just thought people might like to know. :)
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby lupulinphile » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:55 pm

I know that this thread is over a year old, but after redoing my entire newsbin configuration after a crash, I remembered I never posted the solution to the problem.
So I'm posting it now in case anybody else ever runs into the same issue.

Once I filled in the field for "UnRAR Folder" with a valid directory, it started working. (It would have been nice if there was an error message somewhere that indicated that this was the issue, but I did find it eventually).
lupulinphile
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 pm

That's good to know.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support